Part 50 - Awaken

* Tom's POV *
I sat on the chair next to Hadrian, as I had been doing for the last four weeks. I stared at his unmoving face with my stomach constantly dropping, thoughts made their way through my mind. What if he didn't wake up. It's all Masons fault. I didn't protect him. It's my fault. I look back to his face with my eyes stinging with tears that I had at long last let fall, creating streaks down my face. I grasped his hand tighter hoping that he would wake soon and that all these thoughts meant nothing because he would be okay but as I sat there wishing a dark glow formed around his right eye creating a dark black ring around his bright green eyes. I stood up to get a closer look when his heart rate began to drop and his hand turned cold.

Panicking I yelled for Madam Pomfrey as my eyes began to glow she came rushing in and preformed a few spells. However his heart rate continued to drop and his hand felt like ice, the tears began building to the point where I was silently sobbing. Until his heart stopped beating completely and his chest was no longer rising up and down. I sunk to my knees, shaking when the group ran through the doors, I hardly heard anything. Not Luna and Pansy screaming, not Remus and Sirius breaking down over the loss of their son, not the twins falling to the floor, nothing. He was gone and it was my fault. A pain shot through me as I realised I had lost my kitten.

I took one look back at his lifeless body and cried whilst still clutching his cold hand. I had never loved anyone before. I didn't even think it was possible for me to love considering how I was created but he had proved that wrong. I had loved this boy more than myself and now he was gone. And there I sat on the cold floor sobbing into a cold hand for who knows how long when I felt a sudden warmth. My eyes darted to his as his left one now began to glow a bright gold, just as the right one it had with the black. And a gold band formed around his left eye. The light then expanded around the room as everyone looked away, I stood up with my arm covering my face until the blinding light vanished as fast as it had come, the only evidence of it ever happening was the glowing ring around Hadrian's left eye.

I walked closer to the bed holding Hadrian's hand again as it began to warm. I stared at him hoping that he would just breathe and wake up. I kissed his hand as I heard a chuckle "Aw Tommy you do care", the voice made me stop and my heart skip several beats. My kitten was alive.

* Hadrian's POV *
As Life and Death faded away I could feel my hand being gripped by a warm hand. I hoped it was Tom and blinked as the light flooded my eyes as though I had just woken up from a deep sleep. My head no longer hurt, a gift from life or death I suppose as I scanned the room. Luna and Pansy were on the floor crying on each others shoulders as Barty and the twins looked with unfocused eyes at the floor. I looked to see Sirius and Remus facing away from me both clearly shaking with tears, and had shaky breaths. I then looked down at who was grasping my hand and smiled brightly at seeing Tom only for my stomach to drop and my heart felt like it was beating in my throat. He had red eyes with huge eye bags under them and an extremely pale face even for a vampire. I held his hand tighter as he kissed it, "Aw Tommy you do care", his eyes shot up to mine.

He jumped onto the bed and pulled me to his chest, I held him just as tight as I buried my face intothe crook of his neck. I was soon pilled on my Luna and Pansy as well as Tom followed by the twins and Barty. I laughed and hugged back even if my legs were being crushed it was worth it, eventually everyone got up except Tom who had made his way under the blanket with me, wrapping his arms around my waist and holding me close to his chest. He placed his head on my shoulder and kissed my neck gently. Sirius was neck to jump on me as Padfoot, licking my face, I laughed and hugged him around his head. I still found it funny that Padfoot looked extremely scary to everyone that didn't know him, don't get me wrong I could tell why he was easily bigger than a wolf, with black eyes and sharp teeth but when he had no intention of harming you he was really adorable.

Remus was next to draw me into a hug only letting go when Madam Pomfrey insisted on doing a check up since technically I was dead for several minutes. After the test came back and proved that I was completely fine as well as all healed she informed us that I could leave the hospital bed. I smiled and thanked her as she left and all heads turned to me. "What happened? I-I thought I lost you" Tom's voice broke and I pulled him closer with a small smile "listen carefully because this is hard to believe". I explained the whole thing to everyone as they sat or stood around me with concerned faces that soon became amazed or even exited. Once I'd finished everyone was silent until the twins both whispered "Wicked" together making everyone burst out laughing as if nothing had changed.

Once the room had quietened again I smirked and turned to Tom "There's also one more thing that Death told me before I came back", he nodded hesitantly and I smiled. "As I said they both gave me some of their power but Death also told me that I can't hold it for long and he wanted you to have his power, he said that it was better than what you would do without it, whatever that means. But if I do give you deaths power, we will both be immortal and with my power of life I can keep those I love alive which means we can finally have our dreams come true without Dumbledore's shadow looming all of us", I looked at him hopefully waiting for his reaction.

* Tom's POV *
I looked Hadrian thinking over what he had just said, Death obviously knew about my fear, even with my inheritance I could still be killed and that was a terrifying thought. I smiled and nodded, pressing a kiss to Hadrian's head. I was just so glad he was okay, I don't know what I would do without him. "Okay you might feel a cold shiver but you shouldn't feel any pain okay?" I nodded as he reached his hand forward and placed it gently on my head, he closed his eyes and I watched as a black glow shone on his hand before I felt a cold feeling down my spine. I was used to the cold being a vampire and it felt welcoming  rather than chilling. I then felt a change in my magic, it felt stronger and darker but it felt normal like it was supposed to be there all along. Hadrian opened his eyes and I saw that now he had the gold band around both his eyes rather than one. By the look on his face mine also now had the two black rings.

I just smiled and kissed him, he responded immediately and I couldn't help but smile all the fear being wiped from me. We broke apart and a fake cough reminded us both that we weren't alone. Remus stood awkwardly obviously being the one who coughed but Sirius just smirked and winked at us both. I laughed as Hadrian hid his face in my neck, I realised that my skin was now cold to the touch as Hadrian's breath and blushing cheeks gave warmth to my skin. The twins and Barty then moved to stand behind two particular girls who both had identical evil smiled plastered on their face.

I looked at them suspiciously before Luna spoke "I don't know about you but I want to see the faces of two 'Slytherin's' when Hadrian walks through the door", she made a disgusted face when mentioning them before grinning evilly, Bella stood next to her nodding slowly whilst spinning a dagger in hand. I looked down to my kitten who also shared their matching evil looks and I smirked "well what are we waiting for then?".