Chapter 3: The Burn

It has been a few years since Dad died... but things are kinda starting to look up, my sister got out of her room for the first time, my mom began to be talkative once again, and now I'm starting to be happy.. though the family lost the restaurant, at least we still got each other.. One day, I was assigned to make a presentation about ancient gods and goddesses. My friends and I were looking at the school library. Then, I found a book with a strange title called," Things to know about". It seems like the bottom half of the title was torn.. wait, it didn't look torn out at all, it looked like someone or something burned it... but anyways, I just took the book. Mrs. Mia, the employee that works at the library, told me that she didn't know she had a book that I'm holding in her library. So she told me that I can keep it for free and needs no scanning. So, my friends and I went to my house. One of my friends,"Lily" asked me what kind of book was I holding. As soon as I was gonna open it, somehow it opened itself to the first page.. we couldn't read the weird language on it, but what we did know was that there was a weird drawing of a hedgehog and with a circle like it was their symbol.. as the curious fox I was, I decided to touch the drawings cause it felt like I had to..... but then I saw like life flashed before my eyes, but the flashes were the same hedgehog from the drawing.. Then, I quickly let go and was out of breath. "The hedgehog from the drawing is a god of.. energy?.." I explained to my friends. "So basically, this book isn't normal?" My friend,"Scarlett" asked me. I replied with a yes. Then, the more that I kept turning pages it started to feel and look more unsettling and gory.. I luckily closed the book as hard as I can, but a small piece of paper fell out of the book.. it looked like some weird poem thing and there was a drawing that look like a paper of how to summon someone or something... " So, are we supposed to do what this paper wants us to do or no?..." said Scarlett. "If this can give us the answers that we need.. then yes we should.." I replied. After setting things up, the room was full of cyan.. but then, as soon as my friends offed the lights, I fell to the ground and everything became black.. the last thing I saw was the cyan eyes in the burned remains of a page from the book... I woke up, at least.. is what I think.. I was floating in a empty and dark void. Then a strange voice then spoke," The eyes cries within the cloudy skies. Everyone has their own lies and will soon rise.. wave your goodbyes as everyone dies.. just beware, this prize will leave a big surprise".... Then, I woke up for real this time to.... The sounds of flames, people's screams, and a building falling.. my vision slowly started to clear up, and then I got up.. One side of my bedroom wall was ripped off... Then I realized that everything in my room was messed up and almost burnt.... But I had no time to complain, I needed to find my friends or even my sister and mom.. So I got what was left of the things of what I needed. I got my backpack, put all of those stuff into the bag, and was able to get out of my house.. I decided to find my friends and family at Scarlett's house...
To be continued in:
A Broken Soul Chapter 3: The search