Prologue

Hello if you are reading this either I’ve decided to publish this journal or you’re finding this on my corpse either way I should tell you about who I am. My name is Draxis Demos i’m from the 3rd sector world terra a fairly large world by most margins especially compared to earth. Terra is an inhospitable hellscape of a planet with all but the poles being a desert as such my race evolved from a reptilian ancestor. What this means is that my race looks more akin to the dragons of earthen mythos then most of the other mammalian races in this galaxy. I serve as the executive officer or to use the sailing term “first mate” on board the ship known as the Avanah, a vessel designed to mine and transport large quantities of raw material vast distances between systems.

PERSONAL CREW LOG: EXECUTIVE OFFICER DRAXIS, OF THE MINING VESSEL AVANAH TERRAN DATE: 20/5/2589 

The work started as usual with the captain waking us up in sync with the sunrise on earth. First thing I did after waking up was head out for my daily EVA to check the systems and armaments of the ship which went smoothly though I had to replace the aft radiation sensor as it must have gotten hit by debris during transit. The rest of the day went as usual with no major mechanical failures.

PERSONAL CREW LOG: EXECUTIVE OFFICER DRAXIS, OF THE MINING VESSEL AVANAH TERRAN DATE: 21/5/2589 

The day started as normal doing my daily checks; nothing seemed to have happened during the stasis. At around 15:30 we passed through the Proxima system to get a gravitational slingshot. 

PERSONAL CREW LOG: EXECUTIVE OFFICER DRAXIS, OF THE MINING VESSEL AVANAH TERRAN DATE: terra lost 

We have lost all contact with Terra. We have less than 24 hours of air left seeing as we were supposed to dock with the liveship Prometheus today thus, I am the only one out of stasis. We are only about 20 hours out from this new planet. I’ve begun running calculations and simulations on why we lost contact with Terra though all signs point to some unknown gravitational anomaly though I can’t exactly call it conclusive that that’s what happened. After running the simulations and checking the log data and the external optical array the star pattern shifted after we exited the gravitational anomaly. I believe that we may have accidentally gone through some slip space hole but they are normally very easily detected. Why didn’t we detect it before we went through? 

PERSONAL CREW LOG:  DRAXIS, OF THE MINING VESSEL AVANAH TERRAN DATE: TERRA LOST HOUR: 10 I went on an EVA to check the craft for any issues regarding the sensor array and apparently, the gravity sensors were torn off in an asteroid storm. Welp, there's no going back now.

 PERSONAL CREW LOG: EXECUTIVE OFFICER DRAXIS, OF THE MINING VESSEL AVANAH TERRAN DATE: TERRA LOST HOUR: 20 

We’ve begun entering atmosphere on this planet which scanners indicate has an approximate atmospheric composition of 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, and 0.93% argon compared to Terra’s 

atmospheric composition of 50.05% nitrogen, 25.95% oxygen, 1.5% argon, and 22.5% carbon dioxide, I believe that this is due to this planet’s gravity being about half that of Terra’s.