Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)

Start from the beginning

"Show yourself out very peacefully. I'm sure you wouldn't want me to blacken your face." 

"What do you mean? I will yell and yell till I collect people in my favor." He smirked, wriggling under the clutches of my guards.

I shook my head and swallowed my saliva.

"Shout. Scream." I chuntered,  folding my arms across my chest. 

Silence greeted my with tranquility. 

"Now!" My voice piqued the node, making his shoulders flinch, startled. 

He looked away with a deadly expression in his eyes, more lethal than snake and more poisonous than its bite.

"Caitlyn King! You can't do this to me! I won't let you live peacefully! What do you think, huh? You can throw me out from here just like that?" He sibilated, his orbs burning within flames of his unbound anger.

I bit back the urge to pounce at him right away. Better keep my pawns off from a rat. He was not worth it. I craned my neck sideways to see that we had grabbed the attention of most of my people. 

Their unknown questions and questioning gaze proved me how much of a tormentor I looked at the moment.

"I am throwing you out because I have the power. This is my firm, not yours. If I want, I can throw you out in a snap of my fingers which is by the way what I'm doing." I titled my head, fixing my glare at him.

"What have I done, huh? You can't fire me without any reason!" He spat, his voice like lava burning my ears.

"You have the guts to ask me for reason?" My jaw clenched as I raised my eyebrow at him slightly, "Floral ring land comes in the way of studio of Patrakis and they very well know that every customer would have to pass from my land to reach them."

"If I construct a building there, the owners of floral ring road would have to pay us high tax for every customer going towards their studio. Otherwise, no person would be able to reach them till I allow," I hissed, pointing my finger at him, "Now you tell me how much money did he bribe you for?"

I sighed satisfied as I head gasps.

"Wha–what are y–you speaking?" He stammered, his brows turning fearful.

I stepped closer and whispered, enough for just him to hear.

"I don't despise liars but if the lie is spoken against me... and is harmful, I don't let them go off the hook very easily. Listen once and clear, I ruin their whole existence, so better watch out next time." 

I eyed the trail of sweat glistening on his forehead to neck.

"Train him out, I said!" I yelled, unable to bear any more of his spiteful existence.

"Continue with work." I murmured quietly and walked off.

♤■■■♤

I smiled at Mrs. Paterson as she greeted me. We both were here for the auction of my dream house. She, with her husband and I, alone.

"How are you, dear Caitlyn?"

"Perfect. How are you both?" 

"We are good too. Come let's take our seats, auction is about to start." She muttered, making me nod.

We took our respective seats. 

My eyes sparkled with a newborn spirit as I looked at the bungalow from my lashes. Magnificent. That was the word that had escaped my lips when I had first seen it. This had always been my favorite place since childhood. 

It took twelve years for them to completely construct it. It was really a fabulous piece of architecture. No one could even try to build a beauty like this. It was everything a person wanted, a touch from royal past to this scientific world was given to it. 

It was extremely captivating and eye catchy.

"Welcome to all our bidders of the day. Five more minutes, and the auction will be started. The auction will start from 1 million USDs. Hold your hands and let's wait to see the owner of this beauty." The host's voice echoed, grabbing everyone's attention.

I stiffened as I felt someone beside me. I looked up to meet the trained eyes of waiter. I picked up a glass of juice and thanked him before focusing back to my work.

Soon, the bid started while I waited for it to reach its edge.

"Ten million dollars, one."

"Ten million dollars, t—" I interrupted. 

"Eleven million dollars," I bid, fixing my stare at a blue coat man who was my opponent.

I looked away,  glancing at him for the last time.  

"Twelve million dollars," The same man in blue blazer and spectacles, countered.

My jaw clenched as I fought the urge to strangle his throat.

"Fifteen million dollars." If he wanted to compete then, he was welcomed.

"Eighteen million." Everyone gasped as they heard his end of bid.

I sighed inwardly while every fibre in my body burnt with anguish. He was going too far for my liking. Why was he so hell bent to buy that house?

Jesus! Help me! I could not go far from twenty million dollars. Atleast not now when I suffered loss of two percent in my business.

"Twenty million dollars" I stated hoping that he would fall for it.

"One." The host's voice reached everywhere.

"Two." I leaned back into seat and exhaled, satisfied 

"And the last is—" Just as I was about to smile, another male voice came from behind, making my jaw slack.

"Thirty million dollars."

I turned my head and looked at a man. Tall, sinfully handsome and dangerously hot man. My eyes remained wide open as he entrapped me with his aura.

♤■■■♤

Vote and comment, please!