Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)

Start from the beginning

"I can accept everything but I don't want him to die too like my first boyfriend." This quitened him as he closed his eyes.

"Ask your heart." 

"I am selfish but I can't help it. My heart does not settle with the thought that he is leaving his job for me but when I think of otherwise, I become restless. Anything is possible in his job and I don't want to lose him." 

"Then let everything flow like it is."

We were interrupted by a knock. 

I cleared my throat and muttered 'come in'. 

"I gotta go. I have meeting in thirty minutes." Jake spoke, wearing his coat.

I smiled, kissing his cheek as he kissed mine.

"Oh and all the best for the auction." He wished, waving me bye.

"Thank you!" I shouted, turning to Mr. Smith who had just entered. 

"What brings you here, Mr. Smith?" 

He was the vice head of interior department and a very annoying, pig face person who everytime managed to kill my mood.

"The floral ring road."

"What about it?" I frowned, nodding at him to take a seat.

"The land is useless and I have a buyer who wants to buy it." He opened some papers, presenting before me. 

"Are you hearing yourself? We bought that land just yesterday." I spoke, narrowing my icy gaze at him.

"I thought you would be delighted after hearing me afterall I will be saving you from a big loss." He titled his head, his corners of eyes slitting.

My jaw clenched and I ended up slamming my hand on the table harshly.

"Enough! Leave now," I gritted out, looking away from his irritating self.

"That land is a waste! There is already a studio under construction there! We must sell this land." His voice raised as he tried to enforce his decision upon me.

I picked up the intercom and simply dialed a number.

"Send guards in. Fast!" 

"What are you trying to do?" He griped, throwing the chair away with one push of his leg.

I pressed my lips into a line and just waited.

"Caitlyn King! Answer me!" When I had enough, I craned my neck and looked at him sharply.

"Throwing you out of my office." I implied , tilting my eyebrow. 

"You can't do tha—!" He bellowed, further fueling my anger.

"I am doing that." I exhaled as the door was pushed open by three guards. 

"I don't want to see this man ever again in this building," I spoke, looking straight into the eyes of the Smith who had his hands fisted and nose flared, "Make sure he is thrown out very respectfully with all his belongings ."

"Yes, Miss King." Archer nodded as he ambled towards a particular person, Nyle and Mason following his lead.

I strolled out, leaving them behind, trudging to my own cabin. I barely had taken six steps when I heard a shout.

"Stop! This is abuse." His voice echoed through whole floor, distracting everybody.

I saw heads turning towards him while mine stiffened. 

I exhaled and briskly turned towards that stinking pig. I took calm and calculating steps, until I reached him. My tongue rolled on its tongue and before I knew, I had challenged.