Chapter Twenty Seven

The bluish skies were gradually turning into gray. Few of the billion stars were slowly illuminating the skies and the lights adorning the whole resort started to flicker like fireflies flying in an enchanted eden.The resort was silent; the constant waves reaching up the shore was the only music ringing around. The  breeze of the air was salty sweet and the ocean in front was so clear that one could see the peebles and stones adorning beneath.

The private resort that Jen booked was in no doubt, a paradise. They arrived safely and had gone to their different rooms that were booked by Jen herself. Due to exhaustion, they all decided to take a rest and meet at the restaurant for dinner, which everyone agreed right away. When the blonde reached her room, she ended up flopping on bed. The scene at the airport was swirling inside her head. She hated the fact that Sandra came, but more so, she hated the fact that when she arrived, she greeted everyone, even kissed everyone including Julia's friend, Abby, who was a stranger to her,  but she instead wasn't given a simple hi and a kiss. The brunette even talked about Keanu fucking him and it infuriated her more. 

It was seven in the evening when she decided to get ready for dinner. She was sure that Sandra would ignore her still, and so, in return, she would ignore her too. After all, she was here for Jen, not for her. Cate then chose a simple maxi dress that had an open back for tonight's dinner before she got out of her room. When she arrived at the restaurant, everybody was there already. Helena waved at her as she stood by the entrance and she gave them a smile. Everyone smiled back, except for Sandra who was busy on her phone. If this was her game, she could definitely play this.

"Hello, ladies." The blonde greeted in her raspy vocal as she went on to kissing everyone, except Sandra.

Julia gave her a questioning gaze, silently telling her to kiss her too, but Cate shrugged it off. Why would she when Sandra didn't even kiss her at the airport?  The blonde then went on and sat in between Julia and Julia's friend, Abby. There was silence as she kissed everyone and the growing tension between Sandra and Cate was so apparent. Sandra who was sitting across the blonde continued to fidget with her phone. Everyone on the table exchanged looks. This wasn't how they planned it to be.

"So..." Cate broke the silence, "Shall we order?"

"Yes, good idea!" Jen agreed, breaking the thick ice and then called the waiter.

The waiter promptly took their orders. Within five minutes, all of the orders arrived and it was Jen who started the prayer. They started eating along with the sharing of how's life going. It was nice to have friends in one table, but having two ex- lovers in one table along with their same circle of friends wasn't fun and great.

"So, Abby, what's your work?" Cate asked as she put her fork down and placed her chin on her hand, her voice thick with accent dominated once again before she gave  her a smile.

Abby smiled at her, shyly wiping her lips with the tablecloth, "Oh, I'm a professional model. I work for different designers. Julia and I actually met at a Chanel fashion show in Italy. She purchased one of the dresses that I wore at the ramp."

"How young are you, my dear?" Helena asked, taking a piece of her lobster.

Abby gave off a shy laugh, "Oh, I'm not that young  actually --"

Cate gave her a flirty gaze, "You look very young actually."

"Thanks." Abby laughed, "I'm not that young, really. I've been modelling since I was a kid. The insdustry hasn't kicked me out yet to which I am very thankful about."

Midnight Tequila | Holy TrinityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara