SB10 - SeulRene Interaction

CHAPTER 10

IRENE

When you have butterflies, are anxious, or are nervous, you are at your most powerful... Many people allow this power to consume them rather than honing it and using it. Another quote goes, "A big challenge, a big pressure is like a fire, a raging fire."

You can either let this fire consume you and completely consume you, or you can gain control of it, harness it, and blow it right at your opponent in Dragonball Z style. That's what I'm attempting to do: control my emotions and take advantage of the adrenaline.

But the things that frighten other people have never frightened me. I'm not scared of men in golf carts, scary movies, or roller coasters. I wasn't sure what I was afraid of, but it wasn't this moment, particularly tonight in this ongoing event.

"Let's go serve at the front table, Hyun. Come on, those are the most well-known business owners and bachelors." Wheein said to me while I was waiting for the other tray to be served, and I know who she's talking about and where those are.

"No. I'm not going to do it. Those people are bachelors. I'm fine in the back. You are free to leave if you so desire." I stated.

The moment business owners enter the hall, I get nauseous, almost as if I have two hearts frantically beating in my chest instead of one. Under the falling snowflakes, my hands were tingling and I was sweating profusely.

Even though we had previously stayed at the chefs' home and had been told by the event organizer to stay for a while and leave when the time came, my heart is racing so fast because they've arrived. She's arrived, and I'm going to stay away from them for as long as I can. Even though we're wearing masks over our mouths while serving, I have to stay away so they don't see me.

Wheein had no idea that the people she'd been fancing and adoring were my friends. Nobody knows they're the people I told them about before, not even Premo, who's worried because I'm not feeling myself tonight because I'm afraid they'll see me.

I was terrified when Jennie and Chaeng called me last night, especially because I had cried for an hour before they called, and you know what your voice will sound like if you speak after crying. I'm hoping they fall for my lie because my throat isn't in good shape.

It's difficult for me to lie, but I did so, and I'm hoping they fell for my words trap while we were talking. I'm not even sure if I'll see them and meet them during their remaining days in Italy, which is the bonding that Jennie and Chaeng desired, even if it takes more than an hour. I can't think straight and have no idea what I'm doing.

My strategy would not work with me. My mind is in disarray, and I don't want to ruin everything I've worked on for almost two years in a matter of months.

"Why? What if they talk to us and we get a better chance to work with them? Hyun. It's fun to be a fool every now and then." She said it again, and I simply ignored her and went to get the tray to deliver the food to the other tables.

"Fine. I'll go there on my own." That's something she said that made me shake my head. She was desperate to see those people, oblivious to the fact that I am close to them.

I also noticed Mister Kun from Italy, who is sitting next to Lisa at the other table. Those people know me for being a jerk. Why is the world teasing me? It's no longer amusing.

We were assigned to look for foods to place on plates, but I preferred to serve the business owners right now, ignoring the fact that the people I am ignoring and avoiding are on the front desk, and Wheein is probably already nearby serving their food.