The Party

It was time. Today is the big day. Today is the day of the party before OJ and the others left for their cruise trip. Pickle was still nervous and shaken up from the weird nightmare he had, but shook it off to enjoy the moment.

"Yo. Pickle," Trophy shouted. "Help me with setting up these tables and chairs. I'm tough but that doesn't mean I can do it alone."

Pickle sighed and obliged, grabbing the nearest chairs he could find. Working with Trophy wasn't actually that bad, if you didn't mind being snapped orders every few minutes or so. Pickle was so used to playing video games with him that he got used to his self absorbed, snobby behavior.

Putting up one of the last of the chairs, he spotted a small, yellowish figure. He knew exactly who the body shape belonged to. But she promised me that she wouldn't come back. Why the hell would she be returning here?

"Umm, Pickle, buddy. You look distracted," Trophy spoke. "And sadly, it probably isn't because of how shiny I am."

Pickle laughed it off. "Oh, Just ignore me. It's a bit complicated."

He looked back at the spot. The small shape was gone, but he could still tell she was here.

"Hey, gaming buddies!" Microphone walked towards them, making her presence known. "Ooh! This area looks great! You guys are really good with this!"

She proceeded to put the now quite loud boombox on one of the tables. Pickle let out a small laugh, as Trophy covered his now glowing face. "Um, Thank you, Mikey."

Salt, Pepper, Cheesy, and the Cherries all came out of the door next, with food galore to put on the tables.

"It's time to get this party started!" Cheesy shouted.

And thus, the party began. A lot of objects were enjoying the pool (that Tissues was banned from). Others were feeding themselves galore at the food tables (that Tissues was also banned from). Microphone held Karaoke with the music she brought, and MePhone4 also joined in. Pickle enjoyed watching Trophy and Microphone having a rap battle. Those two always managed to lighten up his mood. Yes, Trophy was pretty chill at times.

But Pickle knew she was still lurking around, Although he didn't actually want her to leave.

"Mikey, Trophy, I'm gonna go around the corner," Pickle said as they nodded. "Don't worry about me."

Turning the corner of the hotel backyard, Pickle looked around for Taco. She really wasn't hard to find, the bow tie she stole from Test Tube wasn't hard for him to spot floating around.

"Ah! Pickle!" Taco said somewhat enthusiastically, while revealing herself. "I know you told me not to come back again, but I have a REALLY important question to ask you." She looked around before grabbing Pickle and dragging him further back.

"Did you... Have a dream last night having to do with the coin hunting challenge from the first season of Inanimate Insanity?"

That was the real her in the dream!?

"Wha- Yes!? That was you!?"

"I thought that..." She sighed.

"I feel awkward saying this, but I really wish I could have helped you."

"To be fair, I would have wanted to save you as well if you were in my shoes," the crispy object replied. "If it's not too much to ask for, could you get me a drink?"

Pickle nodded as he went back to the party tables to get some lemonade. He hoped his friends wouldn't notice him, as he put the icy lemonade into the plastic cup.

Walking back to the... Well... Back... He saw Taco messing around with the button on her bow tie, popping in an out of visibility every second or so.

"Ah, you're back!" She smiled as Pickle handed her the lemonade. "Hmm..."

She stared at the lemonade in her cup, switching hands every few seconds due to the cold. "This brings back memories of those times I'd spit lemons at the other contestants during the show. It was actually quite enjoyable. Not for the malicious part of course. I hope this doesn't come across as sounding weird, but I'd kind of... love to do that again. Just for the trip on memory lane. Sounds fun. Oh! Sorry for the rambling. I didn't notice."

Pickle clapped his hands and locked eyes with Taco. "What are you talking about? That doesn't sound weird at all!" He lowered his voice as to not draw attention to the two. "Those were really fun and enjoyable moments of our friendship!" 

He looked away from her and sighed. "You have no idea how much I missed that. The whole alliance and being good friends thing."

Pickle looked back at Taco to see tears were forming in her eyes. "Y-You really want to keep being friends with someone who used you through ought the whole show to scam you out of the big prize?"

"If you're willing to change your evil ways and make up your wrongdoings with everyone at the hotel, then hell yeah. You made my days so happy and bright during that first season. I missed your sweet side so much. I love hanging out with Trophy and Microphone, but It's not the same when you aren't there, and I still wish you could be playing games with us at the hotel. If changing yourself works for you."

"..."

"Alright. I'll do it for you. Although I may have done some things involving Microphone, so don't be surprised if we may be in a sore spot for a while."

The two of them both smiled.

"Great. I'll tell everyone tomorrow."