The Dream

//Hello, this chapter contains drowning, if you're triggered by that, just skip this chapter! Thank you, and I hope you enjoy!

The sun was so bright that day. The water was very shiny and reflective. Pickle looked around to see that he was on a small, brown boat with scuba gear and a fishing rod. It was nice.

But the sun was a bit much. His eyes started to hurt after a while. He looked around the boat to try and find sunglasses but to no avail. Letting out a sigh, Pickle grabbed the scuba gear and went under the big blue.

It was a good break, although he knew the oxygen tank won't last forever. The water felt cool on his body, as little sea friends swam around him. The reflected light on the ocean floor was really pretty, and the coral too.

He turned around to find more nice things in the ocean, but when he turned around, he felt a bit sick.

It was him and Taco from the underwater hunting challenge in the first season. He didn't want to see it. Taco was a backstabbing little asshole. He didn't want to be reminded of her from that season of the show. He missed that version of Taco. The funny, lovable friend who he could always confide on to make him smile. He had a lot of hope for her in the first season. He was the only one who did.

So he turned his body around. But he saw something worse.

It was the real Taco. She was watching the events of the challenge as well. Except she had no gear to support herself going underwater. Pickle watched her as she'd try to swim over to him, except she was stuck in place. Pickle tried to get to her as well, but was also stuck.

Why do you even want to save her?

What good has she done for you?

His voice rung in his head.

"Because it's the right thing to do..." Pickle muttered to himself.

But he still couldn't move.

Time was running out. He couldn't move. She couldn't move. Pickle realized he couldn't save Taco, so he just closed his eyes in order to not look.

At that moment, he heard  a different voice that sounded like it was above water.

"Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!"

He covered his ears, but his oxygen was running out. He wasn't about to die. He couldn't.

And then he woke up.

"Pickle! Are you okay!?" Microphone asked, frightened. "You were crying in your sleep! What were you dreaming about!?!"

Pickle wiped his eyes as he grabbed a cookie from the jar left in their room. "I don't really want to answer that right now. Don't worry about me. Let's just get the party ready."

Microphone nodded as she got the CDs for the boombox and took it out of the room. Pickle followed, hoping the party would make him feel more at ease.