13 - hey, bestie

[yelena's pov]

After waking up from my nice little dream and taking down three doctors, I'm wandering through the halls looking for Stefaniya.

"Stefaniya will be fine, Yelena. You need to find the vials first,"
Melina spoke through my earpiece.
"And it'll be easier to find Stefaniya once you release the Widows from Dreykov's control."

I groan.
"Fine. But if she is hurt, I will blame you."

"And I'll let you."

"So where did he take the vials?"
I take a wet wipe from a medical cart and wipe the marker off of my hairline.

"Probably down to cold storage. Dreykov still has the widows under his control, so you have to expose them to this antidote."

I hear footsteps fall further down the hallway.
"Yeah. Sure. Easy."

---

A little while later, I wait until a group of soldiers walk away until I slide the ceiling panel to the side and dropped through. I land in Natasha's signature pose and knocked my head back, flipping my hair out of my face.

"Eugh,"
I shudder, standing up.
"That was disgusting."

"It was. Never do that again,"
A familiar voice speaks from behind me. I whip around quickly.
"Hey, bestie. Looking for this?"

She holds up the Red Dust vials, but I don't care about them right now. I run up to hug her, nearly tackling her to the floor.

"Yelena, careful! The vials,"
she chuckles.

"You beautiful human being. Thank you."

"For this? No need to thank me, this is part of our whole mission."

"No, for coming back."

"You think I could I ever leave you? You doubt me, Yelena."

A guard walks by, raising his rifle at me and Stefaniya. She shoots him with her Widow's bite bracelet, which I don't have on my white suit. The guard drops to the floor immediately.

"Ugh, annoying, aren't they?"
Stefaniya speaks of the guards as if they were tiny little bugs that never left you alone no matter how many times you swat at it.
"We were having a moment."

I laugh, dragging the guard over to a storage room and throwing him inside.

"Melina, I found Stefaniya with vials,"
I speak into my comms. Stefaniya looks at me in confusion until I point out my earpiece.

"I've had a slight setback,"
Melina spoke over the comms.
"You'll need to get to the Widows."

She goes silent after that, so I motion to Stefaniya.

"Still remember the training room?"

Stefaniya shakes her head.
"How could I forget?"

We start running, the path familiar to us. Fortunately, an explosion somewhere in the building called for all of the guards, so the hallways were deserted.