17 - onward! to camelot!

Two weeks later
[natasha's pov]

I set my helmet on the handlebars of my motorcycle, brushing my fingers through my now short, blonde hair. I put the motorcycle keys into the pocket of Yelena's green vest, zipping up one of the many pockets on it.

Mason is snoring, asleep on the ground just like he had slept on my bed when he handed off the trailer to me three weeks ago.

Three weeks ago, we took down the Red Room. Wow.

I kick Mason's feet, jerking him awake.

"You ever not sleep?"
I joke.

He grumbles.
"I've been in six different time zones in three days because of you."

I laugh.
"Oh, really?"

"Yeah."

"What, are you scrapping together some parts? What'd you get me this time, an upside-down lawnmower?"

I follow him to the field, where he points out the S.H.I.E.L.D. quinjet.

"You see what I can you with a little bit of time and money?"

"Okay, okay, you've made your point."

"Go on, say it. I wanna hear it. It would be really good for me to hear it. Really."

"I'm impressed,"
I admit genuinely.

"Well, yeah."

"You've always been a really good friend to me."

"That's what every man wants to hear. Where are you gonna go?"

I smile, thinking of my favorite people.
"It's funny. My whole life, I didn't think I had any family. Turns out I've got two, so... One of them's a bit of a mess right now. I'm gonna go break a few of them out of prison, see if I can help patch things up."

Mason nods goodbye and I walk off to the jet, the sun beginning to set in the background.

I take the pilot's seat, about to strap myself in when a voice makes me jump.

"Hey, blondie."

I jump up, raising my gun but it immediately gets knocked out of my hand.

"Woah! Okay, don't sneak up on an ex-assassin. Noted."

"Stefaniya?"
I meet her green eyes. She looks the same as I last saw her, as opposed to myself. She's so fucking beautiful in this lighting.

"Hi, there. Do something new with your hair?"

I chuckle in confusion.
"What are you doing here?"

"You really thought that I would let you run off alone?"

"What about Yelena and the Widows?"

"I think they can manage without me for a few weeks. Yelena's the one who pushed for me to go with you, anyway. If you'll have me."

"I'd love nothing more,"
I take her hand and lead her to the seats.

"They all say hi, by the way. They miss you."

"I miss them, too."

"And what about me?"
Stefaniya speaks softly. I start up the jet.

"Depends. Are you going to annoy me the whole flight?"

"I was planning to, but Yelena warned me that you would drop-kick me out of the jet, so I'm going to say no."

"Then yes, I've missed you. Ready for takeoff?"

"Onward! To Camelot!"

"Nerd."

The jet lifts and Stefaniya and I fly off into the sunset, off to go save another family.

End of Black Widow

Stefaniya Kotova will return in Infinity War

A/N: That concludes Black Widow! Next up is Infinity War :) Thanks to everyone who stuck around!

meet me at our spot | n.r  x  oc |  ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara