Episode 12

Reader POV

"I can't believe you'd lie to Cheif Yagami like that," I say slightly chuckling.

"Whatever do you mean (Y/n)?" L responds with a grin that proves he's playing dumb.

"About Light being cleared of suspicion if he also guesses there's a second Kira. We both know that proves nothing." 

"I have no idea what you mean. If he were Kira he would have no reason to go against the second Kira's wishes and would much rather find the second Kira on his own while we were none the wiser. That is unless you have reason to believe Light is Kira, aside from what we've already found?" 

"Oh shush I can see what you're doing. I already gave you a huge hint before. Do you really want another?" 

"I'll trade you a strawberry."

"Deal. What do you wanna know?"

"Hmmmm. Maybe what the next messages are going to contain?"

"I could tell you that. ones going to be a diary entry containing 3 different locations where the first Kira and second Kira will meet. Only one will be right." 

"Ah, so our message works in louring out the second Kira. You've been very helpful (Y/N)." L finishes looking very satisfied with the information I gave him. 

"Here have some cake." He says handing me a piece of strawberry shortcake with a single strawberry on top. 

"Aw thanks, Ryuzaki," I say taking a bite of the delectable treat. 

"Of course." 

I smile and ruffle his hair as I find a place to sit. 

L POV

Why did they do that? Was there any reason for it? Both sides of the deal had already been fulfilled. Regardless it was odd, yet, comforting? This is strange. I might need to investigate this separately from the Kira case. 

(TIME SKIP TO LIGHTS APPEARANCE)  

Reader POV

After a few hours of mainly Matsuda L and I playing Uno passed, Chief Yagami called Light up and he began on his way. I still have no clue how he's getting here or how he knows how to get here but that's not really my problem right now. What you may be asking is why we were playing Uno, and the answer to that my dear self is that we had nothing else to do we were mainly just biding time. L just joined cause he had never played before. 

Regardless, when Light did eventually turn up, he and L walked up to each other first thing.

"Thank you, Light" L greets.

"Not at all," Light starts shaking L's hand. "After all, I wanna catch Kira as much as you Ryuga." 

"I'll have to ask that you call me Ryuzaki here." L explains.

"I'm Matsui"

"I'm Aihara."

"And I'm Asahi."

"Yes of course, then perhaps I should call myself Light Asahi?" 

"Yes, please do. To keep things simple from this point on I'll call you Light." L confirms.

"Is that everyone?" Light asks." 

"No, there is one currently absent. However, there is also one more here. (Y/N)!" L calls. 

"Hi Light," I say walking out while covering my smile with my hand. "It's nice to see you again. It's been a little bit, hasn't it? How's Sachiko?"