In Exchange - Light (Death Note)

Sub!Light Yagami x Dom!Reader

Welcome to the first chapter of this sinful book! Now before you begin reading, I just want to let you know that I haven't watched much of death note (I know, shame me), and it's been a while since I saw it. So please don't get on my case if this isn't exactly fluent with the plot, but enjoy anyways!

This is a request from MariahLane2 and N0b0DY_ASkED !!

Enjoy!!

**********************************************

"I shouldn't have touched that damn book." I rolled my eyes and flopped down onto the bed, taking the form of a lazy starfish.

Light finished scribbling something down in his notebook, though this notebook was one of the non-murderous kind. A simple school notebook.

He had asked you to come help him study, since he was 'falling behind'. Honestly, his idea of falling behind is any other person's idea of being a perfect straight A student. Thought of course, he was the best of the best, and he had to keep his reputation up.

A loud crunch echoes through the small bedroom, evidence that it wasn't just the two of us.

"Y'know Light, I like this one." The obscenely tall creature says with a half full mouth, pointing toward my direction.

I furrow my brow and turn my head over to look at the Shinigami, earning a very slight surprised jump.

"Oh right, I forgot you can see me." He chuckles deeply, "My bad."

"Trust me, it's gonna take a lot of getting used to before seeing a massive shark looking demon looming around becomes the new normal." I toss him another apple, "But thanks, I guess."

Light closes his book and spins around in his chair, leaning back and resting one arm behind his head.

"Here I thought you'd help me study, but all you ended up doing was becoming pals with Ryuk." He laughs a bit under his breath.

"You didn't even need my help." I sit up and give him a challenging glare, "Besides, Ryuk here is much more entertaining than you are."

The other human scoffs, narrowing his eyes as he stares into mine.

"Oi, Lovebirds, I'm still here you know." The hellish figure in question reminds us, "I'd say get a room, but in reality I'd literally be forced to follow you..."

"What?! Ew, no. What the hell, Ryuk." The two of us cringe and spit out excuses.

"Wait, wait, wait. You mean you two AREN'T a thing?!" The Shinigami's toothy jaw drops, "That's fucking hilarious, you guys are in denial?!"