Trouble in paradise already?

Sunday needed to move on.

"Just tell her that we changed our minds." Sunday stated.

"Can't. The room's already been booked." Jeanette said in an apologetic tone.

Sunday needed to get out of here.

She was two seconds from punching both of them and physical assault wasn't even her style.

Sunday sighed and then pushed her braids out of her face before taking her phone off of the counter and texting Aaron, "I'm going to Aaron's. I don't know when or if I'll be back because honestly, I'm ready to just..."

Sunday made a fist with her dominant hand and then took a sharp breath and closed her eyes.

When she opened them, both of her friends were giving her half scared, half surprised expressions.

"We're truly sorry. It's just... Finessing them was too good to pass up." Rafael said in a low tone, clearly apologetic now.

Sunday slipped her phone in her jean pocket and then looked up at her friends once more, "The both of you really suck right now."

Then she was out of Rafael's apartment, heading towards the newly fixed elevator.

The apartment that Aaron shared with a few of his college dorm mates was on a more affluent side of the city versus the slightly rundown apartment she rented that was closer to Howard University.

The Metro train ride was almost thirty minutes and Sunday couldn't stop bouncing her leg the entire time.

Once she was at her destination, Sunday knocked roughly on the door, still angry at what her supposed friends had done.

Aaron answered the door thirty seconds after, a slightly surprised look on his face, "Hey. I could've got you."

"I know but I was honestly three seconds away from killing them." Sunday brushed past him into his living space.

Aaron's roommates were in the living room, playing an intense game of Call of Duty and generally not paying Sunday attention.

"Uh," Aaron glanced back at them before gesturing to go to his room with a nod.

Once the door was closed behind her and Aaron was sitting on his bed, Sunday began to pace and rant once more, "My friends are stupid. They have no regard for my feelings and if I did the shit they just did, I would be voted off of the island!"

Aaron put his hands up in a placating stance, "Maybe explain what they did so I can understand too."

Sunday took a breathe, covered her eyes with her hands and then took another breathe, "They ran into my ex and his fiancee and allowed her to invite herself and him onto our Virginia Beach trip."

"The one who plays for the NBA?" Aaron asks.

While the two hadn't fully explored the ex topic, they both knew just enough about each other's last relationships.

Sunday nodded then launched into another rant, "How could they do that? What the fu-? Ugh!"

Aaron blinked and then rose to stand up and put his hands on her shoulders, "Deep breaths. One," He demonstrated taking a deep inhale and exhale and Sunday followed his example.

"Now, it was a shitty thing to do but I'm sure that they had a good reason, right?" Aaron asked.

"They're paying." Sunday muttered.

"Well, then there you go."

Sunday rested her forehead on his shirt, "I'm not going. The trip's already ruined."

"Yes, you are going. You don't wanna be here for your birthday." Aaron stated, "Don't let them take that from you."

"They already have." Sunday whined a little.

Aaron lifted her face to ensure that she would see his expression.

"Ugh," Sunday said, resting the side of her face on his chest this time when a idea formed in her head.

"I... I would have fun if you went with me." Sunday suggested.

"Eh... You sure that's a good idea?" Aaron asked, "Ion want to step on your friends' toes. I want them to like me."

"Step on them. If they're inviting people then so can I," Sunday said, stepping back a little.

Aaron pursed his lips a little but let out an exaggerated groan, "Okay. I'll go."

Sunday grinned before leaning up and pecking his lips.

Sunday wasn't exactly sure how her friends were gonna take in the fact that Aaron was coming but she did know one thing...

This trip is probably gonna be the biggest shit show.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!