𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸. 𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗

Depuis le début

"Your family must have been surprised," said Fleur and took a sip of her champagne.

"Oh, they were. They had got all these boy clothes, for twin boys," chuckled Violetta by the memory of the time her parents told her the story. "Daddy was about to have a heart attack when he realised he has a daughter and unlike what people might think, it wasn't because he was disappointed. He wasn't just prepared, he nor my mum thought they would ever have to worry about having a daughter."

Fleur nodded with a smile. "So he's protective?"

Violetta bursted into heart warming laughter, the thought of her father being just protective was rather hilarious. Lucius Malfoy was a very scary man to anyone who dared to even look at his daughter without his consent.

"That is an understatement," said Violetta once her laughter started to fade away.

"So...." Fleur bit her lip. "He won't be happy about this."

This.

Violetta knew what Fleur meant. She meant the relationship between them, a relationship that still wasn't exactly exclusive and Violetta didn't know was it ever going to be. This wasn't Fleur's fault, only her own. There were about a hundred reasons why she couldn't tell anyone about her and Fleur, the fear of losing her name being on the top of this list.

The only people who knew about Fleur were Gabriel and Vivian.

And that's how it's going to be for a while or maybe for good.

"I don't believe he would ever accept anyone I see," started Violetta. "And while you're not the boy my father fears that will come and take me away, you are..."

"...a girl, and that's not all right either," finished Fleur with a dry chuckle.

"I guess there is a price when it comes to being a Malfoy," said Violetta quietly.

She has never thought about it ― that there was a price of being who she was ― not even when her teachers have mentioned this to her.

Violetta has never seen that being who she is, has consequences. That she needs to choose because she has never needed to do that. She never had to choose what she wants because she can get everything she wants. But apparently Fleur didn't fall into this category.

Fleur turned away from the ocean and faced Violetta. She placed her palms softly on Violetta's cheek and tried not to flinch by the coldness the cheek gave her. Fleur bit the inside of her cheeks, ignoring the coldness that made her slightly worried. The summer sun has after all shone against Violetta's face for the past hours.

"But you don't mind keeping secrets?" Asked Fleur and watched Violetta's face lit up. "Because I don't mind it."

Violetta wrinkled her nose before leaning to kiss Fleur, giving the blonde her answer.

"What are we going to do when summer ends and I have to go back?" Asked Violetta, her face just inches away from Fleur.

Fleur grinned widely, tucking a stray hair from Violetta's face. "Well I actually am coming back to England," she said and Violetta's eyes widened. "I got a part-time job from Gringotts."

"What? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I just found out," explained Fleur. "So when you go back, I will come with you."

Violetta smiled, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "That is wonderful!"

"Lettie! You bloody idiot!"

The two girls parted and Violetta turned to look over her shoulder, knowing the voice calling them. It was Vivian, waving at her frantically. Like always, Violetta had told Vivian about her little get-away with Fleur, just in case.