I nod my head before turning on my heels and walking towards my next class, where I would inevitably be kicked out again. Throwing my hand up in a lazy wave towards Lucas as I passed.

"Later loser."

"L- later!" He called back, a hopeful smile appearing on his face as he looked back over at me.

______________________

By the time that lunch had rolled around, I thought that Lauren and her 'unfortunate' haircut would be last week's news, but apparently, I was wrong. The entire school, including the staff, seemed to have come up with their own version of what had happened on that fateful day at the mall in Victoria, Canada.

I sighed as I updated Rose on what I had agreed to as I waited for Lucas to show up. She had immediately replied with a less than enthusiastic 'great. another human', which caused me to giggle. While I was waiting I also texted back and forth with Theo, who had arrived back in Forks a few minutes ago and was working on unpacking our things from the car with the help of Esme who fretted over him the entire time, making the whole process go ten times slower than normal.

"Genevieve! Hey," Lucas stops in front of me and lets out a breathy chuckle. His short blonde hair was still wet and he smelled of cologne. "Clapp let us out late, so I had to rush with my shower. Sorry if you had to wait."

"No worries, I was catching up with Theo," I say, holding my phone up for a second before slipping it into my pocket. His eyes follow the shiny new phone for a second before it slips into my pocket and away from his sight, widening slightly before shaking it off and offering me a smile.

"So? Ready?"

I nod and follow him into the loud cafeteria and towards his table, where there was a mix of football players- who were all sporting their letterman jackets- and cheerleaders- who were in their cheer uniforms. The bunch of them were laughing and chatting happily with each other as we approached.

"Hey, guys!" Lucas greets, patting his friend's back and looking them over with an exciting look. "I bought a new friend."

They all shift their eyes over to me and look at me in shock, their hearts beginning to race faster in their chests as they continue to stare at me.

"I thought that it would be nice for us all to chip in and buy Genevieve lunch since she was nice enough to cover our asses at prom," Lucas continued, glaring over at who I assumed was Logan.

"It wasn't my fault that we had drunk all of our alcohol before we could spike the punch!" Logan defends, pointing towards his friends with a playful grin on his face. "Look at them! Not me!"

"You were the one that was hogging all the vodka," one of their friends says pointedly, looking over at Lucas with a grin.

"Please! Chris, you were pretty eager to take a few chugs too!" Logan defended. Chris just shrugged and went back to talking to the brunette cheerleader who had sat down next to him.

"Right," Lucas sighed as he pulled me a chair, "so, what sounds good?"

"Oh, no need. I'm not hungry," I wave him off and offer a tiny smile.

"You're Genevieve Cullen?" One of the cheerleaders asks, lowering her voice and leaning over the table as if we were sharing some deep dark secret.