Chapter 36: The Battle Royal

Even though the battle royal only just started, it was already chaos. If you weren't fighting a mage you were fighting one of the High Priests monsters. Not to mention even with the four man lead Asta, Luck, Magna and Gauche caused, the Bulls were not keeping their momentum. Charmy was knocked out in a matter of seconds thanks to a sleep spell, Vanessa was drunk as usual, Grey was god knows where and Finral was running away from any and all forms of confrontation. With Noelle, not only did she need to find a way to beat her opponents without a single attack spell, she's now learned that her opponent was freaking Kahono! Now with Asta...he was dealing with a different problem.

"I'm so bored!" shouted Asta as he walked through a tunnel in the temple, "when that old guy said it was gonna be a battle royal I thought it was gonna be fun!". Suddenly from both his left and his right, two giant sea monsters charged at Asta. However, Asta didn't even look at them as he hit one way with the back of his hand and kicked the other one into a wall. "But everything in this temple goes down in one attack!" shouted Asta before turning around and pulling out Demon Slayer and cutting another monster in half, "could I fight someone fun please!".

Meanwhile with Yami, he was dying of laughter while the High Priest was clearly nervous. "Aw what's wrong, gramps, scared my runt is gonna blow through your whole team!?" said Yami while taking a sip of his drink. "I wouldn't claim victory just yet. The remaining priest won't be so easy to beat. Especially the three great priests, who are all as strong as a senior mage!" replied the High Priest

Back with Asta, he was still walking through the tunnel while easily taking out monsters left and right. Asta then started to sense a ki signature further down the tunnel. "Hopefully this guy is strong!" said Asta as he started running towards the ki signature.

Once Asta found the room the ki signature was coming from, he found someone with two blades in their hands standing on top of two giant sea monsters. "Geez, Gramps, why did you have to make them attack us too. I guess it's to make it fair" said the mage before turning towards Asta, "Hey! You're Asta right!? I heard you have the ability to cancel out magic!". "How do you know who I am!?" shouted Asta. "Never mind that! Check out this dance!" said the mage as he started to dance. 'Why is he dancing!?' thought Asta while he watched the guy who he's supposed to be fighting dancing. "You'd think this would be popular on the surface world?" asked the mage as he continued his dance. "Uh....sure" said Asta as he raised his eyebrow. "My name is Kiato! My dream is to become a dancer who will captivate the entire kingdom!" said Kiato. 'Wait, why does that sound familiar?' thought Asta as he listened to Kiato talk about his dream. Apparently people who live in the Undersea Temple are not allowed on the surface world with only the exception of beaches. It also seems that his grandpa, who's also the High Priest, will let him go to the capital if they win the battle royal.

"So, in the name of my dream...." said Kiato before dashing towards Asta in an instant and going for a slash that Asta quickly blocked with Demon Slayer, "I have to take you down!". "Look man, I'm not trying to crush your dream or anything" said Asta before pushing forward causing Kiato to lose his balance for only a second, giving Asta enough time to go for a slash of his own, "but I'm gonna be the one to win this!". Kiato was able to jump back in time for only his mask to be hit by Asta's blade, causing the mask to be cut in two, causing Kiato's face to be revealed. "I can tell you're strong!" said Kiato as he landed back on the ground, "let's see what is stronger, you or my dream!".

"Atta boy Kiato" shouted the High Priest as he fist pumped the air, "show that boy the power of the Underwater Temple!". The High Priest was starting to feel more confident with the outcome of the battle royal. While he did underestimate Asta and the rest of the Bulls, he was confident Kahono, Kiato and their father, who was currently battling Magna and Luck, would be able to carry the weight of the rest of the team.