Chapter 20:The Strongest Man

Once the members of the newly named Eye of the Midnight Sun vanished, all of the Magic Knights were silent. Noelle was the first to break the silence, "they...they took Asta! We have to go and help him!". "I'm sorry Noelle, but we can't. We have no way to save Asta right now. We don't have any way of finding their location" said Klaus as he gritted his teeth. "Yes but..." said Noelle before she was cut off by Nozel, "No. Our main priority is the reinforcement of the capitols defenses. There is no certainty that they were the only threats. We don't have the time or the resources to waste on someone like him" . Before Noelle could reply, she remembered Fuegoleon's condition, "quick Mimosa! You need to help Captain Fuegoleon!"

All the Magic Knights watched as Mimosa began to heal the fallen Captain of The Crimson Lion Kings. 'There's no way... how could someone like Fuegoleon turn out like this' thought Mimosa as she did her best to heal the severe injuries Fuegoleon sustained. 'Leopold too' continued Mimosa as she turned to look at the unconscious Leopold lying in her Plant Creation magic: Dream-Healing Flower Cradle. "With my magic, I can basically only provide first-aid. He needs to be taken to the medical ward or else he'll...." said Mimosa causing the surrounding knights to talk amongst themselves.

"Huh some Captain'' said Solid as he began to smirk, "The Vermillion family sure has become a shell of what it used to be. It makes me embarrassed to call myself a royal". Noelle turned to her brother with a shocked face, "how could you say that Solid!?". "We are Magic Knights. It is our duty to win no matter what, our existence is pointless otherwise" said Nozel with his back turned to the group. "Haha! He's right! This is gonna ruin the reputation of the Crimson Lion Kings too!" said Solid as he began to laugh"

"However Solid"

Nozel then turned his face and gave Solid a stern glare, "we weren't not present for the fight, that makes us even less than him. Strengthen the defenses so the damage does not spread further". "Uh... right" said Solid as he began to sweat from the glare his brother was giving him. "He's right! They spread magic around that block communications spells, and the chain of command is in chaos! Thanks to that we were not able to receive reinforcements from the noble realm! We can not let our guard down yet!" said Alecdora causing the present Magic Knights to disband and begin bringing order back to the capitol. 'Asta...' thought Noelle as she stared at the spot where Asta was taken, 'please be alive'

Somewhere in an unknown forest

The members of the Eye of the Midnight Sun were walking towards a building in the middle of the forest with Asta still unconscious in his gel prison. "I hope you are happy with the results, Rades. We ended up with a large headache due to your overconfidence. Don't get carried away just because the master has grown a liking towards you" said the mage leading the group, " 'I want to fight a captain alone!' you said, ' I wanna lay waste to the capitol!' you arrogant fool. If you hadn't altered the plan to fit your agenda this mission wouldn't have faced half the problems it did". "Shaddup! It was my toys that took the damage!" shouted Rades in reply, " from what I see you guys got off scot-free!". "Buuut... it sounds like Catherine was beaten and was left in the capitol" said the female mage that captured Asta, "who cares about that old hag anyways! We got what we needed so it's fine!" shouted Rades. Valtos then looked over at the captured Asta, "Sally, you know we can't bring him with us. Kill him....kill him now". Sally turned around to face Valtos, "no way! You realize this kid has anti-magic right!? What he can do is on a totally different level than a normal magic weakening effect! I'm gonna use him for research!", "You know only those accepted by the master are allowed to enter. There is no need to cause unnecessary trouble. Kill him before the meeting time" replied Valtos. "Yeah kill him so I can turn him into one of my toys!" shouted Rades, "ah shut it Rades" replied Sally.