Chapter One

Chapter One

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝

A young man, about twenty-five to thirty years old, decided to take a calm walk in the forest alone, or so he thought. He can feel the calming breeze flowing through his hair that is uncovered by the orange hat he's wearing. His brown and warm eyes looked at how the branches were swaying back and forth as if they were waving hello at him. He took off his orange vest, leaving only his black plain shirt covering his top. He closed his eyes to enjoy the silent melody in the air.

"Why are you following me like that?" The man said as he opened his eyes and looked to the bushes. A boy with red ruby eyes slowly walked out of the brake. The kid's attire had holes and was torn, and he has some scars plus bruises all around his body. He was definitely in a bad condition, the young man understood that the boy seeks help, so he tried to approach him.

The boy didn't take that ever so kindly and growled at the lad. "Don't worry little guy, I won't hurt you. My name's Boboiboy. What is yours?" he said as he stretched his hand out in an attempt to shake hands with him. The kid stared at the hand for a few minutes, he just looks like a confused and lost five-year-old.

"Hali...Halilintar," He answered as he remembered his mom's soothing voice calling his name, telling him to not be afraid when his family was being attacked by a wild and fierce four-legged animal, he didn't know what this giant cat-like animal was and he was too afraid to even look at it. His mother kept him safe and told him not to be afraid, as they ran out of the house while cradling him in her arms, the next thing he knew when he opened his eyes again was that his mother was gone and the first thing he sees when he got up was an orange dino hat man which he decided to follow around.

Boboiboy smiled and asked "Hi there Hali, why are you out here alone? Where's your family?" But he became concerned when Halilintar looked like he was about to cry. Boboiboy quickly hugged and comforted him "N-no, mom says to not be afraid.." He said to himself which the lad heard. Boboiboy then released the hug when Hali calmed down, "Wanna come home with me?" He asked which Hali answered with a nod.

When Boboiboy opened the door, Hali was presented with a small house, small but comfy and it felt like home. "Live... alone?" He asked the man, Boboiboy made a sad smile and nod "But not anymore, unless... if you don't want to stay here with me-" Before he could finish his sentence, Hali already embrace boi for a hug. "wanna live with... dad" Hali whispered as he hid his face on Boi's stomach. A faded hint of red appeared on Boboiboy's cheek as he chuckled and pat Hali's fluffy hair.

"So Hali, are you hungry?" Boboiboy asked and lift Hali and got a nod from Hali. The both of them walked over to the kitchen, Hali took a seat and Boboiboy started to cook a meal for both of them, there's some raw chicken in the fridge so he asked if Hali would like chicken, Hali's eyes shined and he drooled a bit, "I'm gonna take that as a yes" Boboiboy said and took some spicing to put on the peace of meat while he bakes it. Added some more veggies to make it more appetizing. 

Hali smelled the delicious aroma of chicken in the air and his stomach growled, asking to be fed. Boboiboy chuckled, "I'm done, eat up," He said and placed two plates of chicken on the dinner table. Hali quickly pulled a plate and started devouring the chicken. "Oh yeah," Boboiboy exclaimed as he remembered something. "I have some leftover mashed potatoes, would you like some-" He just took a quick walk to the fridge but when he turned back, the only thing left were bones on the two plates "oops," Hali said and scratched his head. The dino cap boy couldn't help but laugh, "You have quite an appetite" he commented which Hali responded by laughing nervously and scratching the back of his head, apologized to his new father after that.

They both got along well but then Hali's eyes landed on something, a small cat outside the window, it looks harmless and playful yet his memory about the giant cat attacking filled up his mind with fear again. His body shook in fear which concerned the dino cap boy, "Is everything okay?" He asked but didn't receive an answer. Instead, he heard soft sobs coming from the small boy. "D-don't be afraid" He heard Hali whispered to himself. Boi pat his head, "It's okay to be afraid Hali, but all you need to know is that I'm here to keep you save"

"We're here to keep you save"