Gah! I should've finished my work faster just now so I could keep him company much longer!

I took a mental note to remind myself to not neglect Megumi-kun's signs of wanting attention. This type of child tended to display body language more often than being honest with their wants and needs.

"What are you reading, sweetheart?"

"Story of... The Hare and The Tortoise.."

Megumi-kun showed the pictures in the book to me. I hummed while smiling, observing the pictures as I read the some paragraphs of the story. I just realized, Megumi-kun was the only student who could read properly by himself without any adult's help.

Megumi-kun is impressive. He must be a fast learner.

It has been only a day since I met him, but this boy never cease to awe me.

"Sensei, can you read this story for me?"

Megumi-kun pulled out another storybook from the bookshelves. Handing it over to me, I widened my eyes excitedly. It was the story of Momotaro, the Peach Boy!

(In case you don't know who Momotaro is, he is also known as Peach Boy

(In case you don't know who Momotaro is, he is also known as Peach Boy. He is one of Japanese folkfore hero. This fairy tale is quite popular and often mention in some animes.)

"Oho! Momotaro. I bet this is your favourite story." I joked whilst ruffling his soft hair. Megumi-kun looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

"...how did you know?"

"Eh? Did I guess it right?"

Megumi-kun nodded, admitting the truth. I blinked my eyes in astonishment. I was merely joking but to think I was correct-- am I a psychic now?

Anyway, not wasting anymore time, I positioned Megumi-kun on my lap and held the storybook in front of him. "Long, long time ago lived an old man and an old woman. One day, the old man went to the mountain to cut grass, while the old woman wnet to the river to wash clothes..." I began to read the story for him.

"While she was washing the clothes, a humongous peach was flowing in the river. She grabbed a bamboo to pull the peach to the her."

"When she cut the peach in two, a boy sprung out of the peach. The old couple then gladly named the miraculous boy Momotaro, meaning Little Peachling, and raised him like their own child."

"Once he grew up strong and healthy, he set on a journey to the island of devils to banish them and took away their riches!"

"Momotaro embarked into a thrilling adventure along with his comrades, the Dog, the Monkey and the Pheasent."

"With their strength and powerful friendship combined, they defeated the devils in no time! The devils weren't granted any chance to counter. They were overpowered by Momotaro and his companions."