We exited the room and walked towards the center when people started staring at us. I let my head fall knowing that I was no match to the beauty beside me.

My father took a microphone from the pianist cutting the music and making people turn their attention to him.
"Dear friends! Today is not only a meeting of all of us here but a celebration of the engagement between my son Ezra and Hector's lovely daughter Hazel." He said. I felt him looking at us but I was too busy looking at the floor.

People clapped causing me to be excited. I felt her arm around mine tighten and I guessed that she was nervous too.

"May couple exchange their rings now." My father announced. I looked up and let go of her arm to pick the box out of my pocket. My hands were shaking badly and I barely opened the box.

I requested my own design of the rings and it came out perfect. I knew it was just the engagement rings but it felt nice to have them look pretty.

I took the ring for her and lifted her hand to put it on. Because of my hands shaking I almost missed putting it on. I handed her a box quickly and she did the same thing to me. There was no resistance and it made me smile. She didn't hate me after all.

People started clapping louder once again and I wanted to kiss the back of her hand, but I couldn't. My father was watching me.

"Congratulations." He emotionlessly said as I nodded and thanked him quietly.

Then Hector and his wife Olivia congratulated us and Sebastian came around. He smiled sadly but I just shrugged and hugged him.

Hazel kept her arm around mine all the time and it was suffocating me. I wanted to run away and calm myself down. This was all suffocating me.

"Escort me to the toilet, please." She asked as I nodded. We walked together, passing the people who were giving us smiles. But half of them were fake. Especially, from the women.

When we reached it, she pulled me with her inside. I was a bit startled because it was the lady's toilet. But it was empty so I wasn't as nervous.

"I just wanted to let you know that I will never love you. I hate you." She said, looking at me. My eyebrows furrowed. She acted so differently a few moments before.

But I should know that. Of course, it was an act. We both had to look pretty in front of the others so she held a fake smile. I almost laughed to myself. Eh, Ezra. You will always be in denial.

"I know," I answered. I could see the surprised look in her eyes. I wasn't stupid, Hazel.

"Good that you know then." She answered. The doorknob jiggled making my eye wide. She realized someone was coming and pushed me inside the toilet stall with her before closing the door.

We were so close to each other when we heard women's laugh. I think about three of them were inside and it would have been such an embarrassment they saw me inside.

"Have you seen what happened?" One of them asked.

"I don't know where are those girl's eyes. That man looks horrendous. He looks like a psychopath with that eye patch." The other one said. I looked at my shoes like they were the most interesting thing in the world and bit my lip.

"It must be arranged marriage. Nobody could even look at him, let alone marry him. Although I heard he had his shares of women." I never had a share of women. Those ladies talked crap about me without even knowing me. I never had a woman before.

"I feel disgusted when I look at him so I don't even know how those women could be with him."

"He must have been paying them to sleep with him. Hilarious." They all laughed, not knowing that they were not telling the truth. I hated myself right then and there for letting my fiancee hear lies about me. But she already hates me so what was the point of trying to prove something to her?

The door closed and I opened the door of the stall we hid in to see the empty room. I cleared my throat not daring to look into her eyes. I felt so embarrassed.

"Let's pretend you never heard anything," I said. I put my arm out for her to take it and she did, much to my relief.

"Shall we go?" I asked and looked at her briefly to see her nod. We got out of the room and walked back into the crowd. She excused herself to go to her mother and I gladly let her. If I stayed with her a bit more, I would blow from the embarrassment.

"How did it go? I saw you disappear for a few moments." Sebastian asked. I just smiled tapping him on the shoulder.

"She hates pirates after all."

A/N

Why do I always write emotional scenes when I'm on my period? I'm so dumb.
Thank you for voting and commenting.