Part 16

Nikki POV

"Max?!" I gasped.

He grinned. "Why do you sound so surprised? You mean you seriously didn't recognize me earlier while you were beating me up?"

"Um, well, no actually," I grinned sheepishly. It's not my fault, I haven't seen him for 3 years. He  had left right before my parents did...

"Tsk tsk tsk, I can't believe you have forgotten about me already. I'm hurt, I really am," He replied, shaking his head in mock shame. "I can't believe you're back!" I gave him a huge hug, and then I let go really fast. "Ew, you're all sweaty."

He just chuckled and hugged me again, but this time I didn't let go. Max and I used to be best friends, but then he moved away and I never got to see him.

"Hey, Max, are you coming back to school?" I asked him, hope filling my voice. I didn't care though.

He smiled widely, "Yup, I'm here for good."

I couldn't help but hug him again. Max was back!

~~~~*~~~~

Today was Monday and the first day back at school with Max. Max and I had spent most of the weekend together, but I never brought him over to my apartment. I didn't want to explain to him about why I live in a bad area, or about where my parents are. Of course, I know I'll have to tell him sooner or later, I just don't want to do it yet.

I searched the school parking lot looking for Max's familiar brown hair, and spotted him standing by a tree with girls surrounding him. Well, looks like he's made a few fans. I walked over and squeezed through the group of girls, ignoring their glares.

"'Sup, Maxie! I see you've attained fans," I greeted him.

He gave me a pleading look. "Please get these girls away, they're scaring me," He whispered in my ear.

"Aww, is the big bad Maxie afwaid of wittle girls?" I teased him in a baby voice.

He pouted, "Yes."

I rolled my eyes. "YO GIRLIES! LEAVE BEFORE I BEAT ALL OF YOUR SKINNY ASSES!" I shouted while giving them a scary glare. They all left hurriedly.

Max sighed in relief, "Thank you so much, you're a life saver, Nikki."

"I told a bunch of teenage girls to leave. That's it," I rolled my eyes.

We walked over to the office to compare schedules. My eyes widened when I saw his schedule.

"How do you have all of the same classes as me?!"

"You seem to have forgotten who my parents are, Nikki," He smirked.

I shook my head. His parents are rich and he must have payed the school to get into the same classes as me. Not that I'm complaining.

We walked into the science class and I went over to Cam with Max following behind me. Cam saw us and raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Hey Nikki, who's this?" Cam asked. I could see him checking Max out.

"Cam, this is Max. Max, Cam. Max and I used to be really good friends, but then he moved away," I answered him, grinning.

They greeted eachother and then the bell rang. I went over to my seat and Max went up to the teacher. He smiled at him and the teacher told him to sit next to me. I stifled a chuckle, Kyle is going to be so pissed. He seemed to be pretty intent on gettingin my pants.

"What did you tell the teacher?" I asked him when he sat down next to me.

"I told him that I didn't know anyone here besides you and he let me partner with you," He smirked. I shook my head at him and turned my head when I heard someone come in. I smirked when I saw that it was Kyle. He looked angry when he saw Max in his seat.

"Dude, you're in my seat," Kyle glared at Max.

Max was unaffected. "Actually, this is my seat now. Mr. Feegle let me sit here because Nikki is the only person I know here."

"Mr. King, you will now be sitting next to Ashley," Mr. Feegle told Kyle.

I stifled a laugh. Ashley was OBSESSED with Kyle. Her locker is full of pictures of him and she is constantly staring at. He's never slept with her before because she creeps him out, and, she isn't exactly the best looker. She had frizzy dull blond hair and muddy brown eyes. She had no sense of fashion and had no curves. The look on Kyle's face had me covering my mouth trying to hold in my laughs. Ashley on the other hand looked like she had just won the lottery.

For the rest of the hour Max and I talked and had fun. Mr. Feegle ignored us because he was afraid of me. Ashley kept trying to get closer to Kyle and he kept scooching away. Right now, Kyle was only sitting on about a quarter of his seat and Ashley's chair was right next to Kyle's, with her sitting partially on Kyle's chair. I couldn't help it, I started laughing. Kyle turned around to glare at me, but the movement caused him to fall off his chair, with Ashley falling on top of him. I started laughing even harder and I could hear Max chuckling next to me too. Kyle was desperately trying to get Ashley off of him, but she was clinging to him pretty tightly.

The bell rang and Kyle quickly pushed Ashley off and ran for the door.

"Max, since I helped you out in the parking lot, I think you now owe me," I turned to Max.

He groaned, "It's never a good thing when people owe you, Nikki."

"No, all I want you to do is carry my stuff for the rest of the week since you have all of the same classes as me."

He shrugged and took my stuff in one hand while putting his free arm around my shoulder. As we walked into our next class, I saw Kyle already in there. When he saw us walk in, he looked at Max with a mixture of anger and... Jealousy? No way, I'm probably just seeing things. Why would Kyle be jealous of Max?

Vote Comment Fan

Sorry it's so short :/

And also, I'm grounded, so I might not upload for a while.