November: Thanksgiving and a Wedding Part 4

Start from the beginning

  My dress is very different for me

  My dress is very different for me. I don't normally wear items that are so form fitting but it was Hazel's request. She's lucky I love her.

  Hazel looks amazing in her lace covered dress

  Hazel looks amazing in her lace covered dress. Once everyone double checks each other we are ready to head to the venue. It's only about a ten minute drive and thankfully traffic is on our side. Mom calls dad to make sure Oliver is no where near the hall because Hazel wants to look at the space now that it's all decorated. Once she's given the go ahead we help her into the area. It's gorgeous.

Chris POV

Chris POV

  The doors to the reception hall open and I've forgotten how to breathe. It's not the woman in white that stops my breath but the woman holding the train of her dress. I run my hand over my beard as I struggle to form words. She hasn't noticed me yet, which is a good thing because I can't help but let my eyes scan up and down her body. 
  Adam and James walk forward to greet them and help them with their bags. I need to help them and yet I can't move my feet. Suddenly I hear her laughter and see her smile at her brother and I'm pulled back to the present. "Here, let me help," I say as I take the bag from Daphne.
She gives me a look of shyness as I take her bag from her. It reminds me of the look I got when I had to lift her out of my truck. Is she embarrassed?
I watch as Hazel looks over all of the details before she gives the coordinator a thumbs up. Daphne finally walks over to me. "Hazel and Ollie are going to do a first look with the photographers. They want it be private so I'm all yours for a bit."
I take both of her hands in mine and lean back enough to give her a long look. I want her to see how much I'm admiring her. I find myself even biting my lip as I take in her curves. She notices the look of admiration on my face and tries to cover her face with her hands again. Luckily, I don't let go of her. "No ma'am. You're not hiding from me right now." I turn her into a twirl. "Daphne, you look amazing." I can tell my looking is making her squirm, maybe even uncomfortable, but I told her I was going to change her mind on things and her body is definitely one of them.
"Do I get to have the same long look over you, Christopher?" She asks me. "Take it all in, my love," I tell her as I do a turn of my own. "There's not many reasons that can get me into a suit. But again, it's worth that smile.

  "Dashing as ever," she compliments me as I pull her further into my arms

Our tender moment is cut short by the coordinator coming to get Daphne and the rest of the family. "I'll see you out there," she tells me as she walks away.

~~~ Back to 3rd Person POV

  Chris takes his seat on the second row of the groom's side, directly behind where Laura and Adam will be sitting. He unbuttons his suit jacket and sits back.
The music starts and in walks the grandparents, then the mothers. Next is Oliver and James along with another groomsman. The music has a slight key change and in walks Rene holding baby Ellie. Sweet Sarah walks next to her tossing out her rose petals. Now, it's Daphne's turn. She's not use to being center of attention, it's obvious when she's looking more at the ground than straight ahead. But in a quick glance up she sees Chris, smiling back at her. She holds his gaze for a few seconds until she turns to find her place on the stage. Another key change and the crowd stands. Walking down the aisle is a beautiful Hazel holding on to her father. Daphne glances at Ollie to see a huge smile over take his face.
The ceremony seems quick but it covers all of the usuals. Do you? I do? Do you? I do? Rings? And before they know it the pastor is pronouncing the husband and wife.
Each participant takes their walk back down the aisle. As Adam and Laura begin their trek she mentions how she can't believe another of her babies is married. Adam squeezes her hand thinking the last one will be married soon as well.