Freedom

What can be the consequences of one wrong decision or wrong desperate and irretrievable action? Have you ever heard or read about the history of calamitous Vietnam and the US wars? If not let me tell you a story.

China had become communist in 1949 and communists were in control of North Vietnam. The USA was afraid that communism would spread to South Vietnam and then the rest of Asia. It decided to send money, supplies, and military advisers to help the South Vietnamese Government. The U.S. entered the Vietnam War in an attempt to prevent the spread of communism, but foreign policy, economic interests, national fears, and geopolitical strategies also played major roles. What was the impact of this war?

The most immediate effect of the Vietnam War was the staggering death toll. An estimated 4 million Vietnamese were killed or wounded on both sides of the conflict, including as many as 1.3 million civilians and civilians here means people not involved in the military, including innocent women and children but that was not the only impact, one wrong decision has shattered the US economy, fifty thousand US soldier died, Unwilling to raise taxes to pay for the war, President Johnson unleashed a cycle of inflation. The war also weakened U.S. military morale and undermined, for a time, the U.S. commitment to internationalism.

One single wrong and negligent move and boom!!! It caused so many innocent lives and two entire countries most importantly innocent people have to suffer and get deprived of basic things like food and shelter. This is one of the perfect examples in history to learn what a single wrong and immature decision and negligence can do. 

Live and let other lives, just one shibboleth or mantra that can solve many problems. The mantra that can save many lives, that can save many suffocating people. There are three categories of egoists. An egoist who live and let other live, egoists who live but do not let others live, and finally the egoists who do not live and do not let others live. It is just very unfortunate that the world we are living is full of egoist who didn't know how to let other live peacefully. It's that we are in the middle of a big swamp of ignorance that is taught by a lot of nonsense, propaganda, absurdity, amalgams. The thing is we don't know who is the real enemy of our peace on this beautiful planet. We don't know what the real issue is because it has been covered by many layers of bad information, lies, and manipulation. And once such big manipulation was moving towards the Plan and Mean's shared apartment sitting in a luxurious car.

It was the tenth and final day. The preparation of tragedy was being cooked from days, months, and years that can't be counted or calculated anymore. This recipe of the tragedy was on the verge of its completion and ready to be served. The day that was going to turn many lives upside down. It was going to be the classic example of how people's ignorance and unfiltered words can affect someone. A perfect example of when words once came out of the mouth it can't be taken back. It is like an arrow out of a bow that has been already shot. It was going to be the quintessential example of what can be the consequences of action without thinking. You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. 

Alcohol is never the answer. It can just make you forget the question. But it didn't help Mean to forget his question. The question Mook asked. The question that didn't let him sleep for almost all night. Even though he wanted to shut those exhausted eyes close and sleep forgetting everything but nothing helped. He was sitting near the glass window looking at the pitter-patter of rain with a glass of vodka in his hand. The weather forecast has already being done and he knew the rain was not going to stop for almost a week. It was going to be worse and worse day by day and he was not complaining for the first time about it because for a change he was enjoying the relaxation of the old breeze and chilling rainwater. The doorbell rang to break the serene moment between rain, Mean, and his glass of alcohol. He knew it was not Plan because he could have come inside by himself so, With a frustrated sigh, he got up and opened the door only to find the most unexpected person.