Chapter 2 - Begin Again

TILLY finally believed that she really went back in time the moment she saw Duke Maverick Prescott during breakfast a while ago.

The duke is only in his late forties and he's probably just as fit as most young men in their twenties. Also, her father is still considered handsome despite his age. The duke's youthful look and vast wealth attract noblewomen all over the empire. But still, her father refused to remarry. Apparently, he's still in love with her late mother.

['Why am I the only one in the family with dark hair?'] Tilly asked herself while looking at the huge family portrait hanging on the gallery wall. ['My mother and father both have platinum blonde hair.']

Thankfully, she looks like the carbon copy of her mother. She also got her father's purple eyes. If not, she'd probably think that she was adopted.

"My lady, is everything alright?"

Tilly turned to Isabella– the young maid that she grew up with.

['Even Isabella has light-colored hair.']

The young maid has light brown hair, pale skin, and freckles on her small face. They're both nineteen years old but Isabella looks small for their age.

Well, Tilly is pretty well-endowed compared to other ladies around her.

When she hit puberty, her body changed abruptly. Now she has ample breasts and thin waist that is emphasized by the corset she wore. And under her heavy dress hides her round and firm bottom, as well as her creamy long legs that she used to be so proud of.

She remembered during her first life ,she enjoyed the lustful look the men in the empire threw her way.

['Ah, I also remember that Kiho used to get into fights because of that.']

Despite their loveless marriage in the past, Kiho was a protective husband. He was stoic but he was always respectful of her. Her ex-husband got into a lot of fights against other noblemen to protect her honor.

Too bad she took Kiho for granted then because of her fixation on the throne.

['I can't even remember why I wanted so much power back then.']

"My lady, what's the matter?" asked Isabelle in a worried voice. "You're too quiet today. Are you still upset because of His Majesty's official engagement with Her Royal Highness?"

Tilly blinked in surprise.

['Ah, that's right. In this timeline, the emperor just announced his official engagement with the princess– who also happens to be his own twin sister.']

She remembered that in the past, she sulked for several days after the news broke out. She was so upset because she lost the chance to be the empress then. Not that she stood a chance.

Anyway, Tilly was thankful that she got reincarnated during the time that her behavior was still acceptable. Well, she used to throw tantrums every now and then. But acting like a spoiled brat was common for noble children so the servants in House Prescott were able to tolerate her.

If her memory served her right , she only started to act like a crazy woman after she gave birth to Winter.

"Fortunately, I already got over it," said Tilly to Isabella in an effort to reassure the maid that she's fine. Then, she turned to the family portrait again. She couldn't take her eyes off of her mother's beauty. She wasn't saying that just because she looked like her mommy. Lady Marianne Prescott just happened to be a stunning woman when she was alive. "I'm just wondering why I was born with dark hair when both my parents have light-colored hair."