Chapter 52

It was day of new hospital's inauguration. Agastya was forced to have a smile on his lips but Isha was visibly sad. Her parents were there for ceremony, she went to meet them.

"Maa" Isha said as she saw Sunetra. Sunetra and Rajat smiled. Sumedh, Nikita and Agastya joined them.

"Maharaj nahi aa rahe?" Rajat asked about Vikram

"Wo ganpati utsav hota hai na har saal uski tayyari me busy hai" Abhimanyu said "Aap dono toh kabhi aate nahi hai waha, par iss saal aapki beti aa rahi hai. Agastya bata rahe the ki unhone sabko invite kiya hai"

Sunetra looked at Isha.

"Haan. Doctor Agastya ne sabko invite kiya hai. Hum sab ja rahe hai waha" Isha told.

"Chalo thik hai" Rajat was also not happy.

"Hospital is really spotless and well equipped" Sunetra said "Congratulations Your highness"

"Thank you" Agastya smiled.

"Ritesh kaha hai?" Sumedh asked.

"Main bhi Prashant ko dhoond rahi hoo" Nikita said.

"Un donoko maine samosa khate hue dekha tha wo wale counter pe" Isha pointed.

"Samosa maine bhi khaya. Bahot tasty hai" Nikita said.

"Babe, gharwale baad me khate hai, apne hi ghar ke function me pehle kha ke baithi ho tum?" Sumedh asked with an innocent face.

Isha giggled.

"Mere ghar ka function kab se ho gaya yeh?" Nikita asked.

"Bahot pehle" Sumedh winked.

"Tumhare dimag me sach me kuch aur nahi hota hai kya?" Nikita asked.

"Are? Kya matlab? Jiska hospital hai use dada bulati ho na? Toh ho gaya na tumhare ghar ka function?" Sumedh asked "Aisa bol raha tha main. Par tumhare man me hamesha paap hota hai"

Nikita looked away. Isha was still giggling when her gaze went towards Agastya. He was meeting everyone with a smile. Isha wondered if his smile is natural or forced? Was he also sad like she was?

Throughout the ceremony Isha was sad. Slowly all guests started leaving and soon only Agastya's family, Sumedh's friends and Isha's family was left.

"Abhimanyu, hum nikalte hai. Pune pohchna hai" Rajat said.

"Isha tum chal rahi ho?" Sunetra asked.

Isha thought for a while and answered "Haan. Main bhi aati hoo"

"Are tum ruk jao na. Hum sab sath me chalenge" Sumedh said.

"Nahi. Main jati hoo. Tum sab log aana kal" Isha said.

Everyone knew that she was sad. Agastya lowered his eyes and looked away. He thought Isha's decision was best for both of them. They were already awkward around each other, What were they gonna do in wardhangrh?

Isha bid goodbye to everyone and went with her parents. Agastya was there to see her off. She sat in car and looked out of window.

Agastya and Isha's eyes met. Isha felt like world going slow. She felt like coming out of car and run into his embrace. She wanted to tell him to forget everything and be with her. She wanted to scream and tell him that she loves him and she can't live without him.

Agastya was reading everything she wanted to say, in her eyes. Her eyes were like a mirror to her heart. He could see everything. He could see the turmoil in her heart. But he was helpless. He looked away and turned his back towards her.