Chapter 45

Sumedh wasn't sure about anything related to Isha and Agastya. He had never thought before so he never realised that they are quite comfortable with each other and talk about each other very often.

Isha was sipping tea and wanted a cookie. She forwarded her hand towards cookie jar and at the same time Agastya was taking out a cookie. She accidentally touched his hand and suddenly remembered something. She startled and took her hand back.

Agastya understood that she might remember everything after sometime and he was scared to face her.

"Dada. Papa bol rahe the ki tum gaye hi nahi the kal. Shaam ko phone aaya tha mujhe" Sumedh said.

"Main ghar gaya tha par mera thoda jhagda ho gaya papa ke sath to nikal gaya tha main" Agastya said.

"Kyu? Kya hua?" Sumedh asked.

"Papa wants me to come back. He's buying me a hospital" Agastya told whilst eating toast.

"Isn't it great?" Sumedh asked.

"I don't want to run a hospital Sumedh. I am a doctor. I want to practice medicine. Hospital mere naam pe hoga. Board of directors and everything. Wo business ho jata hai. I don't want it. Isiliye toh main yaha hoo" Agastya said.

"Papa is right dada. Here it's a teaching hospital. You working for someone else would not go down well with papa. Think about him" Sumedh said.

Agastya sighed. ""I should go now" He declared "Hospital jana hai"

Isha was getting flashbacks in bits and pieces. Agastya wasn't looking at her but before leaving he looked and their eyes met. Isha suddenly remembered everything and felt a knot in her stomach. Cookie fell down from her hand and she widened her eyes a little.

"What happened?" Nikita asked.

Isha was shocked and couldn't say anything. Agastya turned back and left. Nikita tapped on Isha's back.

"I am sorry. I don't feel good. I should go" Isha said.

"Don't go. Stay here and let the hangover come down" Sumedh advised.

"No. Maa wait kar rahi hogi use bola tha maine aa jaungi" Isha said "I'll meet you guyss tomorrow in college" She stood up.

****

Isha came back home and straight went to her room. She threw herself on bed and hid her face in pillow. Her heart was pounding and her cheeks were flushing. She didn't know what she felt. She was feeling happy, shy and guilty at the same time.

'How can I forget it?' She cursed herself 'How can I forget that moment?'

'Shit I remember that I literally threw myself on him' She said 'But he was the first one to kiss. But I gave him indication' Her emotions were changing rapidly. 'I don't know what he's thinking'

'Should I call him or text him' She thought 'Or should I go meet him'

Isha decided to call him and took her phone. As she was about to dial she received a call from Sumedh.

"Hello" She answered it.

"Hi. Just calling to check up on you. Are you okay? You didn't seem okay" Sumedh asked.

Suddenly guilt took over all her emotions and her smile faded away.

"Yeah.. I.. I am okay" Isha said

"I know tumhe pine ki aadat nahi aur tumne itne sare shots mare. Abhi bahot sara hangover hoga" Sumedh chuckled.

"Haan. I was about to sleep again actually. Can I talk to you later?" She lied.