Chapter 27

Before you start reading the chapter read the information given in the image. Every girl should know this. There is a difference between rape and sexual harassment. Definition of sexual harassment is large and it includes many things that many girls faces in their daily lives and chooses to ignore it because they're  unaware about their rights. Be aware about your rights and understand if you're being a victim of sexual harassment.

*****

Nikita ran into Police station and saw Isha, Ritesh and other people. Sumedh was inside a cell and was looking depressed.

"Isha I don't know who did this" Nikita said.

"Okay" Isha said.

"Nikita?" Sumedh saw her.

"Oh my god" Nikita couldn't hold up and wept. "I do not know who did this Sumedh. I swear"

"Tum leader ho na un logoki? Tumhe bina bataye yeh sab ho gaya?" He taunted. "Jaisa tum bolti thi ki Faisal mujhe bina bataye cheeze karta hai tumhare sath bhi wahi hua"

"Sumedh main kuch bhi kar deti par aisa nahi karti tumhare against. Jaan bujh ke aise allegations? Never" She said.

"Meri toh jindagi barbaad ho gayi Nikita. Tum pregnant nahi ho yeh eventually sabko pata chal jayega. Bhai ne election fund nahi kiye hai yeh tum proof kar dogi par mera kya?" Sumedh asked.

Nikita was crying. "Maine nahi chaha tha yeh sab ho Sumedh. Maine ek stand liya aur uski itni badi saja hum sabko mili. I am so sorry"

Sumedh didn't react.

"Election ka toh ab pata nahi. Agar agle 24 ghante me mere upar se charges nahi hate toh main election me nahi rahunga" Sumedh said. "Happy, Aren't you?"

"No" She said. "No. I am not. I'll never be happy on your suffering Sumedh. How could you say that?"

"I don't want to talk to you" Sumedh said in low voice. "Before they present me in front of magistrate tomorrow I want you to find the girl Nikita. And I am serious. I agree that you didn't know it but it's your duty now to find that girl from your group"

"I don't know how I am gonna do that. Prashant is already searching. But I'll find her. Although I am sure that Faisal is behind this but I'll do it for you" She said. "I'll find her and I'll make you come back in the elections. I want it to be you vs me and not Faisal vs me."

"Do it then." Sumedh said. "Do this or else everything is over. My life, my career and most importantly us. You would never want to stay in a relationship with a criminal"

Nikita felt a knot in her stomach. It was true that If she couldn't find the girl then he was gonna be labeled as criminal.

"I'll do it" Nikita promised.

****

Nikita fiercely walked through corridors of Science college. She stopped when she saw Zishaan and Zoya siddiqui.

"I know you guys did this" Nikita said directly. "Rajat uncle ko shayad pata nahi hai par I am sure yeh tum logoka kaam hai. Agar Sumedh nahi hoga toh Faisal ko President banana padega. Prachar toh ho gaya. Log toh ho gaye hai tumhare side ab uski jaroorat nahi hai na tum logoko"

"Prove it Nikita. Jhoota hi sahi par proof toh lao" Zishaan said. "Jaise hamne laya tha tumhari pregnancy ka"

Nikita rolled her eyes. "What do you guys want?" She asked.

"Are you here to negotiate? For your boyfriend? Wa re pyaaar" Zishaan said.

"If on my terms then I am ready to negotiate" Nikita said.