Hunter's Nightmare

This oneshot takes place within the first 3 or 4 episodes, it's not super specific. Enjoy! :)

Omega's POV

Hunter's screams woke me up. I quietly stood up and walked towards his room. Echo and Wrecker were sitting with him on his bed. Echo saw me and stopped me at the door. 

"Hey kid. Why don't you go back to sleep, alright? We've got this, don't worry."

Don't worry? 

"Why is Hunter crying? Is he okay?" I asked, definitely worrying. 

"He just had a bad dream, that's all. He's gonna be okay." 

"Let her come in," Hunter said from inside the room. 

Echo moved aside and I hurried over to Hunter. 

"Hunter?" 

"H-hey kid." He wiped tears from his face. 

I studied him for a moment. I had never seen him like this. He wasn't looking towards me, just down at the floor. I didn't know what else to do so I decided to help. I crawled up onto the bed and into his lap and gave him a hug. He seemed surprised at first but I think he was okay with it. He returned the hug. I heard Wrecker and Echo leave the room, so me and Hunter were alone. He adjusted his position so he was leaning against the wall with me still in his lap. He hugged me tighter. I could feel him shaking. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. 

Hunter POV

"Hunter?" Omega said quietly. Worry and confusion flashed across her face. "Wh-what happened?"

"It was just a nightmare, it's okay. I'm okay," I reassured her. 

"I can stay with you until you fall asleep again," she offered. 

"Ar-are you sure?"

"Yeah, that's what family does." She smiled at me and hugged me again. 

Family? I'm her family? A feeling of relief and happiness flooded over me.

Omega fell asleep within minutes. Wrecker and Echo came back in. 

"Hey, how you-"

"Shhhhh." I cut Wrecker off and gestured to Omega asleep against my chest. 

"Awwww." he whispered. 

Echo came up to me and put his hand on top of Omega's head.

"You really look out for each other, you know."

I looked at him skeptically but I knew it was was true.

"Hey, Tech pointed it out first." 

"What did I point out first?" Tech asked, suddenly waking up.

"Hey, I thought you were asleep," Wrecker laughed. 

"Shhhhh." Echo and I said at the same time.

"Sorry." he said with a smile. 

"Why don't we all get some sleep, we got a big day tomorrow." Echo said, mostly to me. 

"Awwww alright." Wrecker complained. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight" I replied. 

I hugged Omega closer to me. 

"Goodnight Omega."