Chapter 7

The tall man got closer and closer to George, you could see his breath in the cold night time air. The smirk grew as he grabbed George's shoulder, pushing him against the tree.

"Y'know what? I don't think I introduced myself, I'm Wilbur and these two idiots are Techno and Phil."

The two men in the back gave a small wave, the pink haired one, Techno, sent a death-like glare towards the short brunette.

Wilbur began talking again. "What's your name? And don't worry, I'll put you out of your misery in a sec."

George's eyes widened even more than he thought possible, he gulped before stuttering as he spoke. "G- George." He took a breath in as he tried to sound more confident. "My name is George."

Wilbur raised an eyebrow out of amusement as he tilted his head slightly, still holding George against the tree. "Well, George, it was great meeting you, really, sadly me and the guys have a long night ahead of us, so I'm afraid I'll have to cut our introduction short."

Wilbur lifted the silver knife that hadn't left his hand since he had pulled it out. The blade raised above George's head. Tears pricked at his eyes, everything getting slightly blurrier. George couldn't seem to get his eyes off the blade, he watches it stay in the air for a few seconds.

This was it. His whole life he had been so careful, and now it was over.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, a gunshot. Wilbur got flung off George as the bullet impacted his shoulder. George slid down the tree slightly as he watched a man in a black leather jacket with the hood up launch himself at Wilbur.

The man was merciless as he punched Wilbur one more time before swinging a knife at Phil, who had tried to tackle him. Swiftly, he knocked Phil's legs out from under him, making him turn his attention to Techno.

Techno was standing back, eerily calm. He just smiled at the man, not even trying to hurt the hooded man.

"Hello Dream."

Techno spoke arrogantly, as Phil and Wilbur struggled to get up, limping over beside Techno.

The man, who George now knew was Dream, took off his hood. His emerald eyes seemed to glow red with rage. He glared at the three men, his chest heaving with anger.

"What are you doing here anyways?" Wilbur hissed with pain, clenching his teeth before continuing, "I thought we made a deal to leave each other alone."

"Except for the fact that you touched what's mine."

When George heard Dream speak he was shocked. First of all, he was even more emotionless as if he was a stone. No arrogance, no snarky tone, nothing. Secondly, his? George was his? Who does he think he is? But George was too terrified to complain.

"Yours?" Techno scoffed. "All I see is a boy in the middle of nowhere, alone. How is he yours?"

"He was at my house before he ran away and ended up here. So yeah, Techno, he's mine." Dream spoke slowly and emphasized his words. Once again, emotionless, the only possible thing that could be detected in Dream's voice was anger.

Techno stared into Dream's eyes, as if he was challenging Dream. George watched from the ground, still terrified out of his mind. Dream crossed his arms, his eyes sharp and angry as he stared back at Techno. Finally Techno let out a sigh, looking back to Phil and Wilbur before he signaled to them to leave. The three men retreated back into the woods as Dream watched them leave.

"Get up." Dream spoke coldly, not even bothering to turn around. George, sensing that Dream was already pissed, obeyed and quickly stood up. The brunette hesitantly walked up beside Dream.

"Thanks. For saving me, I mean." George mutters out while staring down at the ground.

Without responding, Dream begins walking down the road George had traveled along. Knowing that he didn't have a choice, George quickly followed the blonde, trailing a few steps behind him.

About an hour later, George's feet felt as though they were going to fall off and he felt as though he would pass out right then and there due to how tired he was. He gave himself a small pep talk before talking to Dream, who had been dead silent the whole walk.

"D- Dream? Do you think we could take a break or, um, something? I'm just really tired and I- I don't think I can make it back."

Dream stopped walking and turned to look at the short brunette. George looked up to meet the green eyes that seemed to stare straight through him. After a few seconds of eye contact, Dream approaches George, picking him up bridal style. George let out a Yelp as he wrapped his arms tightly around Dream's neck, a light blush already rising to his cheeks.

"Go to sleep, I'll carry you back." Dream started walking back to the house, his eyes staring straight ahead. George looked at Dream, his emerald eyes reflecting the moon, and his hair almost glowing white.

George just nods his head and reluctantly rests his head against Dream's chest. He closes his eyes, already feeling himself lose consciousness.

Before he fell asleep, he heard Dream say something, that he swore had emotion in it.

"Goodnight Ghosty."

And with that, George fell asleep in the blondes arms.

In the morning, George blinks as he looks around, familiarizing himself with his surroundings, however something is off. He is not in his room.

He sits up slightly, remembering the events of last night and how Dream had saved him. He looks to his left and sees the blonde quietly sleeping. He gasps quietly, previously thinking that he had been alone. This must be Dream's room, George thinks.

He sits quietly, as he stares at Dream. His blonde hair fell over his forehead, his long eyelashes resting as he slept. He was shirtless and had an arm resting above his head.

Suddenly Dream's eyes open and look George dead in the eye. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

George looks away immediately, extremely embarrassed. The blankets shift as Dream sits up.

"Just so you know George, if you ever pull something like you did last night, you're dead."

George met Dream's eyes before looking down at the covers. He felt as though he had gotten in trouble and his mom was scolding him.

"You disobeyed me and almost got yourself killed because of it. If I hadn't been there when I was, you would be a rotting corpse on the side of the road."

"I'm sorry." George muttered, fiddling with his fingers.

"Don't apologize, just don't do that again."

George nodded and Dream stood up and walked over to his bathroom. He pushed the door open but before he went in he leaned against the door frame and looked at George.

"Oh, and George?"

George hummed and looked up meeting Dream's eyes.

"Are you alright?" Dream asked, concern lacing his voice, the most emotion George had ever seen from him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little shaken up."

"Okay, if you ever want to talk, just ask. I'm gonna shower, so you can head back to your room and get ready if you want."

George nodded, forcing himself to meet the blonde's eyes and not look down at his bare chest. George offered Dream a smile, as if it were a 'thank you'. Dream smiled back, a real smile, not a smirk. It made George's heart flutter.

Dream stepped into the bathroom, closing the door and George got up and headed down to his room.

-

I'm so tired, but I don't want to sleep :D

more of a fluffy filler chapter for the next update.

hehe

vote maybe?