Chapter 22- Salt looks a lot like sugar

ELIJAH LUCIANO POV

After breakfast, and after Matteo touched what was mine, her soft hands grabbed mine and guided me out of the kitchen and away from my men.

Her hand melted perfectly with mine. Her hand was soft and silky. I wish I could hold it every second of the day.

I let out a low chuckle as I approached her left side. My mind was soon mush as her coconut and strawberry scent took over me. I wanted her close to me.

I snaked my hand around her tiny waist pulling her closer to my hip. Her head reached my mid-chest as I could smell her shampoo and conditioner.

She tried to get out of my grip but I tightened it causing her to stop her squirming. I hated how she wanted to keep her distance. She calmed me down, she is my everything, I need her near me.

I first showed her the smallest dining room. This is where the lunches and dinners are being held, most likely this is where my mafia and I have dinner and discuss major events. It is a beautiful room, the table could seat around twenty people including my kitten and I. It had a black, dark blue, gold, and grey theme much like the smaller kitchen we ate this morning.

Then we made our way to the largest living room. I could tell my kitten wasn't paying much attention but it was fine, she looked cute just in her world.

The living room had a white, grey, and dark blue theme. It had a large fireplace and a huge flat screen tv over it. We usually watch baseball or basketball games when in season and when we don't have that much work, which is never.

I then showed her all the bedrooms, activity areas, pool, gym, blah blah blah.

I am blessed that none of my men were here in the house today. I ordered them to head to their assigned task.

I was excited to spend some time with my kitten today. She looked so hot and cute while she was talking back to my men. Her beautiful green eyes sparkled against the lighting of the rooms.

We stopped in front of her bedroom as I was receiving a call. I loosen my grip around her waist which she took advantage of and took a defensive step back. Soon enough my body felt cold and alone, I missed her warmth.

I growled as my phone kept ringing. I wanted to spend the whole day with my princess.

"What?" I violently spit out. Giovanni was the ID I read as I answered the phone

"Sorry boss for disturbing you, just want to inform you that I installed all the cameras around and inside the house. Also, you have some very important contracts in your office you have to sign immediately." He informed me. I rubbed my temple and closed my eyes as I let out a slow breath trying to calm my anger down.

"Ok perfetto! Quanto sono importanti? Sono un po 'impegnato!" (Ok, perfect! How important are they? I'm kinda busy!) I said, referring to my kitten. I was thrilled that I could keep an eye out on my kitten when I'm not with her, I have to keep her safe. But I made sure to still give her some privacy!

"Boss it is very important, it has to do with the contract regarding Mr. Yukki's casino and club," Giovanni informed me. Mr. Yukki was a friend of mine but due to some complications, he was compromised. These contracts have a deadline which is today.

"Ok I'll be down there!" I said with annoyance. I didn't want to leave my kitten alone, she calmed me down. I wanted to feel her warmth on top of my chest as she slept calmly. I wanted to play with her blonde hair.

I hung up the phone without saying goodbye and stuffed my phone in my back pocket. I sucked in a deep breath as I roughly pulled out my hair. I was not in the mood to deal with signing countless contracts when my princess is finally in my arms