Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

For the past few days, things have been tense between Miya and I. We barely spoke in and out of school and we didn't even bother to text one another. I found myself hanging out with Reki and Langa more than with Miya. I still went to S and this night I had a beef with Miya. "No matter what happens, we're still friends, right?" I asked him before we started. He didn't reply, which made me worry a lot. Just like usual, the traffic light went red, yellow, green and we were on our way. Miya and I were tied from the start. "Why are you avoiding me Miya? Did I do something wrong" I asked him. "You're distracting me" He replied dryly. I circled around him on my skateboard. "Y/n! What is wrong with you?" Miya yelled at me. "What do you mean what's wrong with me, what's wrong with you, I've never seen you act like this" I yelled back. "Are Bubblegum and Miya arguing while skating?" The announcer asked. I felt my heart pounding and my breathing start to get unsteady. "I'm only acting like this for your sake" Miya replied. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "You wouldn't get it Y/n" He said. I felt myself break down inside. It felt like there were needles in my throat. "How are you gonna say you're doing this for me and then not explain why?" I asked him. 

Joe's POV 

He didn't take my advice did he? I asked myself. I looked over at Kaoru and saw how stressed he was. "Are they really arguing with each other?" Langa asked. "I think so" Reki replied to him. "She's getting like me" Kaoru said out of the blue. "You really think she's having one while skating?" I asked him. "I don't know, but she better be careful out there" Kaoru replied to me. "Y/n doesn't look okay" Reki said. "Reki, grab some water and go to the finish line with me" Kaoru said. "Okay" Reki said. I just prayed that Y/n wasn't having an anxiety attack while skating. 

Y/n's POV 

I felt really dizzy and my breathing was still unsteady but I kept going. I saw Miya glance over at me but I ignored him. "Y/n I-" "I don't wanna hear it Miya, I seriously don't, I thought you were my friend but it turns out you only like my skill, nothing else" I replied to him. I really wanted this race to be over, so I sped up. Miya was right behind me and soon enough, right next to me. I saw the warehouse coming up and my vision went a little blurry for a split second. Once we both got inside the warehouse my head started throbbing with pain and there was this huge metal beam in front of us. Miya somehow jumped over it and I squeezed myself underneath it. I raised my head up too fast and my forehead hit the beam making a loud thud. 

Miya's POV 

I landed right next to Y/n and I heard her head hit the beam. I knew for a fact that hurt. Y/n slid down the rail of the stairs and I went on the other side of them. She didn't realize it, but there was a part of it that was broken and she almost fell. I was quick enough to grab onto her arm. She just glared at me. I felt her arm shaking. "Are you really okay?" I asked her. "You answer that yourself" She replied. We both reached the finish line at the same exact time. "A tie?" The announcer yelled. We both looked at the billboard to see the replay, even in slow motion, it was a tie. "Hey don't be so reckless next time" I called out to Y/n. "Don't tell me what to do" She replied coldly. "Bubblegum! Are you okay?" Reki called out. She just nodded but Y/n wasn't okay. Her face was dripping with sweat and her hands were shaking and then she almost dropped to the ground. Reki and I were quick enough to grab hold of her. And then she almost slapped me.

Y/n's POV 

My hand almost hit Miya but someone pulled my hand away. It was my uncle. "The hell is wrong with you, I know you might be mad but calm down" He yelled at me. I felt my eyes water. "I'm going home" I said. When I got home, I changed my clothes and laid down on my bed, crying. I never wanted to hurt Miya, I was just angry and confused. My own uncle yelled at me in front of all those people. What if I was a bad person? So many thoughts filled my head and I wished that I could take back what I said. 

Miya's POV 

"Are you okay?" Cherry asked me. "Hey! Are you okay?" Cherry repeated himself. "Yeah" I replied. "I don't know what got into her but she must be going through something" Cherry explained. I knew exactly why she snapped like that and it was my fault. I just didn't know what I was gonna do next. Y/n's teary eyes are gonna be in my mind for a while. I knew those tears were because of me too. "That girl is crazy" I heard someone in the crowd say. "Why would she lash out like that?" One of Joe's fangirls asked. Honestly, Joe fangirls are on a different level of annoying. "I'm gonna go home" I said before leaving. I felt like trash, Joe was right, she needs me more than I think she does.