Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

On Saturday, we met up to go to the beach. I was wearing a pastel green one piece swimsuit with some jean shorts over it and my hair in a high ponytail. Uncle Kaoru was already there. "Where's everyone else?" He asked. "They're not even late yet" I replied to him. Within five minutes, everyone was there. Miya, Reki, Langa and Joe. We boarded the boat and we were on our way to the beach. The boat wasn't a huge, it could hold about 50 people and that's it. The boat ride was about 45 minutes and then we were on the island. Miya and I killed time by watching Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun. "You can call me weird for this but...Tsuchigomori sensei is hot" I said to him. Miya just looked at me disappointed. "The teacher?" He asked me. "Yes the teacher" I replied to him. "You have terrible taste in men" Miya said to me. "Okay but he's tall, hot, and he's a science teacher" I explained to him. "Why am I friends with you?" Miya asked me. "It's better than having no friends" I said to him. Once we got off the boat, the six of us skated to the hotel to drop our bags off and then we went to the beach. We put down a towel and put up an umbrella and then I dragged Langa to get snow cones with me. I got a fruit punch one and he got a blueberry snow cone. I sat down on the towel and ate my snow cone. "When did you get a snow cone?" Miya looked up from his switch. "Just now" I replied to him. "Can I get a bite?" He asked me. "Sure" I replied to him. He took a small bite and thanked me. "Where's Kojiro?" I asked my uncle. "That gorilla is trying to find a girlfriend" He replied pointing in Kojiro's direction. He was talking to three women around his age. Miya, Reki, and I just looked unamused. I finished my snow cone and got up to throw away my trash. "I'm gonna go swim now" I said when I came back. I took off my shorts and went to the shore. Reki, Miya, and Langa followed me. The water was just the right temperature. I didn't go to the beach often in Tokyo because I was never close to one. "Hey Y/n" Reki said. "Huh?" I asked him. That idiot splashed water in my face. "Oh I see how it is" I said splashing water back. "Hey, you're getting me wet too" Miya said. "I mean we are at a beach" I said to him. They kept on splashing water on each other and I went under the water. "Where did Y/n go?" Langa asked. I tapped on Reki's knee from under the water. "Who's tapping on my knee?" He asked. "What are you talking about?" Miya asked. I tapped on his knee too. "Ok what the heck!" Miya yelled. I finally came up for air. "Y/n?!" The three said in unison. I let out a small giggle. "Don't do that!" Reki said. "Did I scare you?" I asked him. "Yes, yes you did" Reki replied. "At least he's honest" Miya said. "You guys wanna do something that won't scare the crap out of us?" Reki asked. "You wanna make sand castles?" Langa asked. "We can do that" Miya said. We got out of the water and made some sand castles. We made a huge sandcastle but the waves knocked it over. "Aww danng it we should have made something to block out the water" Reki explained. My neck started hurting because of my ponytail. The water in my hair was weighing it down and it kinda hurt. "I'm gonna go back to my uncle" I said to everyone. "You alright?" Reki asked me. "Yeah, I'm just a little hot" I said to him. I walked to the umbrella and laid down for a bit. "Your neck hurts doesn't it?" Uncle Kaoru asked me. "How'd you know?" I asked him. "I know you, Y/n" He said to me. 

Miya's POV 

I decided to go back to the umbrella to keep Y/n some company. "I'm gonna go back to the umbrella" I said to Langa and Reki. "Okay" Langa said. I got a bottle of water for Y/n before I headed back. "Hey" I said to her. She was lying down on the towel. "I got you a bottle of water since you said you were hot" I explained to her. She sat up and took the water from me. "Thanks" Y/n said. "Wanna play Mario Kart?" I asked her. She nodded and we played for a while. 

Cherry's POV 

I looked up from my laptop and saw Miya and Y/n playing on his switch. They definitely have something going on  I thought to myself. I decided to take a picture of them since they weren't paying attention to me. I ended up sending it to Kojiro. 

Kojiro  🦧

Attachment: 1 image

You think something's up between them?

Definitely 

I thought so too

Once the sun started setting we all headed back to the hotel to wash up and get something to eat. "Can we go to the hot springs?" Y/n asked. "No!" everyone said at the same time. "Why not?" She asked. I have nightmares just thinking about those mud monsters from last time. "It's a long story" Langa said to Y/n. "Ah man, I was trying to forget about that" Reki said. "Reki almost peed his pants that night" Miya made fun of him. "I didn't!" Reki denied. "You wouldn't let me leave you" Langa added. "So you weren't scared too?" Reki asked. "I wasn't scared of a cat!" Langa replied. "I'm gonna go shower it's too late for this" Y/n said getting her clothes out of her bag.