Chapter 4

Y/n's POV

I finally decided to show up at S. I put on a long-sleeved shirt that was black and white and a black shirt with Saiki K over it. I put on a light pink skirt with a plaid design on it, and some black old skool vans. For my hair, I put it in two space buns so it was out of my face. When I got to S, I entered into a beef with Shadow. He was a guy with orange hair who looked like a melting clown. In my opinion. "Ah, this is gonna be a piece of cake! A small child like you doesn't even stand a chance" Shadow said. "We'll see about that" I replied slyly. We both got to the starting line. The traffic light went from red to yellow to green. As soon it hit green, I took off, taking the lead. Shadow wasn't far behind so I had to be careful. I saw him take something out of his pocket. "Just because you're in the lead doesn't mean you're gonna win" He said to me. He lit a firecracker and threw it my way. I leaned backwards so it didn't hit me. I bent so far back, my head almost touched the board. I'm surprised I kept my balance. I saw the firecracker light up a few feet from my face. If it had hit me, it wouldn't have ended well. I got up from my back bend and looked at Shadow with a grin. "Looks like you're playing dirty already" I said to him. He had a frustrated look on his face even though he was in the lead.

Third Person POV

"How is her back okay?" Reki asked. "She must have a strong core to pull that off on a moving skateboard" Joe explained. Miya had a huge grin on his face. She finally came he thought to himself. "She really improved" Cherry said. "Well I mean, she did get a better skateboard so maybe that helps her performance" Reki explained. "Shut up and watch the race" Cherry replied dryly. "That bubblegum girl is pretty good" Someone in the crowd said. "Yeah, she has some crazy skills" Another person said.

Y/n's POV

I swerved through the rocks with more control than last time. I even jumped over a few of them taking the lead back. "You're so annoying, why can't you just trip or something" Shadow said. "You're the annoying one, not shutting up" I yelled at him. He skated right into a tree. "Eyes on the road, not on me" I said to him with a small wave. He got back up so I skated faster. This is easier than last time I thought to myself. I made my way into the warehouse and heard people chanting "Bubblegum" "Bubblegum" "Bubblegum". Were they talking about me? I looked back and saw Shadow. I didn't think he'd catch up that quickly. I jumped from the top of the stairs all the way to the finish line at the bottom. I heard everyone cheer. I looked over at Cherry Blossom. Even though he had a mask on, I could tell he was grinning from ear to ear. "Did you guys miss me?" I asked them. "Why didn't you tell us you were that good? How did you learn how to do that bendy thing? How are that flexible?" Reki bombarded me with questions. "I've been skating since I was 5, and that bendy thing is a back bend, I just maintained my balance on the board" I explained to him. "Well Bubblegum, you did well out there" Joe said to me. "Thank you" I replied to him. "You see Miya, I came after you begged me to" I said to him. "I didn't beg you to come, I just asked if I would see you here" Miya said. I was actually starting to like Miya, he wasn't as annoying as I thought he was. "Can I see your board?" Cherry asked. I picked it up and handed it to him. "Did you make this yourself?" He asked. "Reki helped me a bit" I replied to him. "Well, I'm proud" Cherry said to me. "I'm hungry" Langa said out of the blue. "You guys wanna get out of here and get some food?" Joe asked. "Yeah" We all said at the same time. "Carla, can you order us food at McDonalds?" Cherry asked his board. "On it, Sir" The board spoke. I opened my mouth to speak but, I didn't say anything. "You two are gonna share something cause I know you both aren't gonna finish a whole meal" Cherry explained pointing and me and Miya. "Oh and Langa, stop eating so much, I'm not wasting my money on 6 burgers and a bowl of poutine for one person" Cherry explained slightly annoyed. "How does he eat so much?" I asked. "I don't know, you learn not to question it" Miya said to me. Anyways Reki, Langa, Miya, Joe, Cherry and I skated to McDonald's to get our food. We sat down and ate. I ended up stuck in the middle of Miya and Cherry. Langa and Reki sat next to each other and Joe was sitting across from Cherry. "Y/n I just realized something, you've been skating for 8 years" Reki said. "Yeah I have been, Joe and Cherry taught me how to" I explained to him. "I bet you, Cherry was really strict" Reki joked. "He actually wasn't. Cherry was more laid back when he was in high school" I explained. "I can't see that happening" Miya said. "Oh that reminds me, I wanted to ask you two something" I said "What is it?" Cherry asked. "What was my dad like?" I asked. Both Cherry and Joe stiffened up. "Y/n don't waste your thoughts on that man" Cherry said to me. "Yeah, don't worry about him" Joe added. "Oh...okay" I said kinda disappointed. I looked down at the plate of food. Cherry was right, Miya and I really had to share, or else we wouldn't have finished it. "I have to go now" I said before getting up. I had to move over Miya's lap to get out. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" I said before leaving.

Third Person POV

Miya, Reki, and Langa had already left leaving Joe and Cherry alone. "Should we have told her?" Joe asked. "No, Michiko told us not to tell Y/n anything to protect her" Cherry replied. "You're right but you can't blame her for being curious" Joe explained. "I also have to protect her myself, I'm the closest she'll have to a father" Cherry explained.