Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

The next morning I forced myself out of bed and got ready for school. I pulled my hair into a tight bun and put on my school uniform. It was a grey skirt and a navy blue top with a red ribbon and white details on the shirt. I look like a sailor I thought to myself. I woke up my mom and she drove me to school. If you thought I looked like my uncle, then I'm my mom's carbon copy. I like looking like my mom, but sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I looked like my dad. I never knew who he was, all I know is that he broke my mom's heart and left her alone with me at 16. I could never ask my mom about him because I knew it would be a hard conversation for her to have. "Are you liking it here?" my mom asked me. "Yeah, I like being close to our family" I replied to her. "I'm sorry for moving so suddenly, I couldn't handle being away from home any longer" My mom explained to me. I was regretting everything I said about my mom and Uncle Kaoru the night before. They both try so hard for me and I'm just a spoiled brat. "Anyways, have a good day at school, I love you" She said before kissing me on the cheek. I got out of her car and walked into my school and to my classroom. Once I was in my class I took my seat which happened to be right in front of Miya's.

Miya's POV

Y/n took her seat in front of me and quietly waited for the class to start. She was so different in school. At S, Y/n was competitive and loud and at school she was silent and but quick with things. I guess she gets it from Cherry, but still there were many sides of her that we didn't know about. It made me wonder what the real her is like. When class started I caught her looking out the window daydreaming. I mean the lesson was pretty boring, I could care less about the Cell Theory but I needed to pass science, so I had no choice but to pay attention.

Third Person POV: 8 years ago

Y/n was five years old and had a little bob. She was always with her uncle Kaoru and Kojiro and they taught her how to skateboard. At first, they were scared that Michiko would get mad because her daughter was on a skateboard and could get hurt but, she didn't mind. Y/n stood on her uncle's skateboard and held onto his hand so she didn't fall off. "I wanna do it by myself" she said. "Are you sure?" Kojiro asked. "Yeah" Y/n replied. "Okay put your left foot on the front of the board and use your other foot to kick off" Kaoru explained to her. She got the hang if it quickly and before you knew it, Y/n was skating the whole block with Kojiro and Kaoru following her.

Y/n's POV

"Miss Y/n, would you like to answer the question?" My teacher snapped me back to reality. I stood up and gave my answer. "The cell wall and the Integumentary system are systems that are both alike because they both protect something. For example, the cell wall makes sure that only important things enter the cell and the Integumentary system is the first thing that protects the human body" I explained. My teacher's eyebrows raised. "Good answer" she simply said. I knew she was trying to put me on the spot because she thought I wasn't paying attention. Better luck next time. When it was lunch time I texted Uncle Kaoru.

Uncle Kaoru

Hey Uncle Kaoru, sorry to bother you,

I just wanted to say sorry about last night

It's fine, don't worry about it :)

That went better than expected. "Hey Y/n" Miya whispered to me. "What?" I said to him. "Why didn't you tell me that you skated?" He asked me. "Cause I'm the new kid and I don't have any friends that's why" I explained to him. "I don't have friends either" Miya replied to me. "That explains a lot" I said. "That's not the point, are you coming to S tonight?" He asked. "I can't, I don't have a skateboard anymore" I said to him. "Just go to Dope Sketch" Miya said to me. That wasn't a bad idea. After school I went straight to Dope Sketch. When I opened the door I saw Reki and Langa. "Welcome to Dope Sketch, what can we get for you" Reki said. Langa just waved. "I need a skateboard" I said. "Reki isn't that Cherry's niece?" Langa asked. "That is her, she looks so cute when she's not yelling at everyone" Reki said. "Listen, I'm here for one thing and one thing only so can we please get started" I said slightly annoyed. "Okay don't rip our heads off" Reki said. "Can I help make the board?" I asked him. "Sure you can, pick out everything you want and I'll guide you" He explained. "Y/n, that board you had last night, it was Cherry's right?" Langa asked. "Yeah, why?" I asked. "You were struggling a bit with it" Langa said. "I think you couldn't control it because the board was too heavy for someone like you" Reki said. "You're right" I said to him. "I can make the board and I'd suggest you pick out smaller wheels" Reki said. I looked at the wheels a saw some hot pink wheels. They were the size of my palm. "Do you think these would be good?" I asked Langa. He nodded. "So Y/n how come you showed up at S all of a sudden?" Reki asked me. "Oh I'm from Tokyo and I just moved here a few days ago so I decided to skate at S" I explained to him. Me, Langa, and Reki talked for the whole afternoon and we got a lot of the skateboard done. We just needed to decorate the bottom of the board but I asked Reki if I could do it. I walked home by myself once we were done for the day. I was actually liking Okinawa.