Chapter 12

3rd pov -

In no time at all 3 months had passed and the first year midterms were approaching. Every student had been improving greatly during this time while using any and all tips of improvements they could use from their teachers.

Izuku had helped Toshi down the percentage of how much power he was constantly using. We wouldn't want him to constantly destroy hundreds of meters of buildings while punching a villain and then killing said villain. He had managed to down his percentage to 87% but that was the most he could do at the current time.

Besides all the improvements everyone was undergoing, Izuku was noticing some very serious problems in one of his students. Enji Todoroki, from the start was very powerful and full of pride with a big ego, but lately he had been closing off and had been arriving at school with more and more bruises and slight limps.

He had hid it so well that any normal person wouldn't at all have noticed something was wrong. But Izuku wasn't a normal person. He had high observational skills and could spot slight changes in anything relating to the personality and body movements of a person.

Izuku was becoming more and more concerned every time he caught a glimpse of a huge purple bruise on his collar bone and torso. Everytime he asked about them, Enji would make up some sort of excuse to not talk about it anymore.

Today was a Friday, so he was going to be confronting Enji about everything properly after the last period which was hero training.

"Alright everyone, classes are over for today, you don't have any homework for the weekend but keep in mind to study and keep in shape for the midterm exams coming up in 2 weeks. Head to the locker rooms and take some showers before heading on home. Todoroki, I'd like you to meet me in my office after you are done cleaning up."

Enji stood quietly wondering if he had done something wrong during the day or during training. Izuku sensing his unease cleared up his intentions. "Don't worry Todoroki, you are not in trouble, I just need to discuss something with you that is related to your training."

Nodding, Todoroki followed after his classmates to head to the locker rooms.

After cleaning up Enji made his way to Izuku's office while holding onto his bag. He knocked and entered after hearing the 'come in' from inside.

"You wanted to see me sensei?" He asked after sitting down on the couch opposite the desk.

"Yes I did, now you know that whatever is said in this room stays in this room. Right?" he asked while looking straight into Enji's eyes while learning his chin on his folded hands.

Enji looked questionably up at Izuku, but nodded his head.

"Good. Now I will get straight to the point. Where do you get all you bruises and limps from?"

The question caught Enji off guard and for a split second his face looked scared, but he controlled his facial expressions right after.

"Sir, I had already answered when you asked me before. From training." he said while looking over to the right, avoiding eye contact.

"Enji"

The sudden usage of his first name made him look back at his teacher with a look of shock. "Enji, I know what types of injuries occur from training, and sorry to burst your bubble, but those bruises and the limp are obviously stating that it is not from training. Who knows you may even have more injuries under you loathing where we can see it.

Enji stayed quiet while looking down at his shoes.

Izuku continued. "There could be 2 other reasons, either you are being bullied; which I think is unlikely because you are both strong and the school doesn't tolerate bullying. Or..." he paused while observing how Enji was slightly tensing up. "... You are being abused at home."

Izuku saw the clear widening of his eyes and his entire body going rigid. He narrowed his eyes. How could someone abuse such a wonderful student of his. They are going to regret it, whoever they are.

Enji was opening and closing his mouth like a fish. He couldn't find his words. His teacher, the best teacher that he could ever have or even deserve, had just discovered what was going on at his house. Not home, It hadn't been his home since his parents had died when he was 7 and when his own personal life of hell began with his grandfather.

"Enji, tell me the truth. What is going on at home? If you tell me, I will do whatever it is to help you out."

The voice that Izuku spoke with brought something that was deep inside him bubbling up to the surface. His voice was so undeniably gentle and kind that he let it all out. His own personal dam broke and he explained everything while crying as tears spilled down his cheeks and chin.

He explained how after the death of his parents in that car crash, his grandpa took him in and abused him with the excuse of training him and preparing him for the future. How if he showed any weakness he would be forced to sleep outside in the garage with only a thin blanket and almost no food or water for up to a week. Everything. Even, since a month ago, he had been training harder in preparation for the exams and the sports festival that would arrive only 5 weeks after the exams, with almost no rest.

At some point Izuku had even gotten out of his office chair and made his way to sit next to the redhead. He had hugged the boy close while the boy was crying into his shoulder, holding him close. Enji was normally a strong, serious and aloof boy, but right now he was just a 15 year old letting out all his years of pain and hardship.

After a solid 25 minute of crying coupled with a few weeks of not having enough sleep, Enji fell asleep while still in Izuku's embrace. Izuku shifted Enji so that his head was laying on his lap with a blanket draped over his body, so that he could reach for his phone.

He called Nezu since he knew he was likely watching what was going on from the camera's. (That were installed with the permission of Izuku, and only for nezu to be watched.)

"You heard all that was going on in here correct?" Izuku said into his phone once Nezy had picked it up.

"Yes I did. It is incredibly hard to believe that he went through something as bad as that. What would you like me to do"

"With the help of the Miyamura, gain any evidence that you can on what Fishani Todoroki does. Find anything you can whether it be bad behavior or corruption. Anything and bring that man to jail for Child Abuse, Child Endangerment, Child Neglect and anything that you can add from the evidence that you find."

"If I'm not wrong, Miyamura Sindashi is the president of the hero public safety commission? Okay I will email him that this is a task that we must do on your request."

"If you can, get it done by Monday at the latest."

"Okay I will get to work. What will you do with Young Enji in the meantime?"

I will take him to my house to rest up a bit and I will discuss what will happen to him at a later date. I wouldn't mind adopting him if that is what he wants."

"Okay, well I will get to work on sending out an email to Sindashi-san. Have some rest for the weekend too Izuku."

"I will, Thanks Nezu. Have a good weekend and please notify me if you find anything major about Fishani Todoroki that needs to be discussed with me."

I will report anything and everything we find out about him and send it to you on Sunday most likely. You too have a good weekend and look out for Young Enji."

"Bye Nezu."

"Bye Izuku"

Izuku ended the call and sighed while leaning back onto the couch. He looked down at Enji and smiled while sofly ruffling his red hair. "Looks like we'll spend the weekend together." Izuku let out a soft chuckle when he wanted to pull back his hand only for Enji to snuggle into it some more before settling again.

'I swear, I will get you out of that horrible household Enji.'

(A/N - I made it so that it was his grandpa was the baddie. If you say like, he is old, he can't be that good. Well keep in mind that this is based off Anime where anything can happen plus these people have powers. He is 67 years old while Enji is 15. He got his son (Enji's dad) at age 25 while, Enji's dad got him at 27. I did the math. If you don't accept it. Well not my problem.
Plus because of his quirk, he had to stay fit and strong even if he was over the age of 65.)