Chapter 10 "A Day in a life of a Ruler"

Ainz Was sitting and reading the reports from albedo and demiurge, in all honesty he had absolutely no idea on how to run a kingdom so he dumbed all the work on albedo and told demiurge to try and 'Understand' his plan on conquering the world. But we all know that Ainz is just waiting for demiurge to come up with the plan and for him to just agree with it and say that it was his idea from the start and that demiurge in becoming better at reading his plans or something along those lines of praise.

There was also the fact that due to him overtaking E-Rantel almost all of the adventurers left fort the kingdom or transferred to the other Countries so his kingdom currently lacked in adventurers so he decided to combine work with pleasure and go on a 'work' trip to the empire whilst the real reason was to escape Albedo's and Demiurge's eye's and well of course to gather up adventurers.

---

{Emperor Jircniv's POV}

The Bloody Emperor, Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix clutched at his head.
This was not a recent thing. He had been doing this for quite some time now.

In the past, he had purged all manner of nobles, heard about treachery which could shake the Empire, and learned of deteriorating relationships with neighbouring countries. He even Made a good relationship with the Sin Archbishop of Wrath and in overall had a good relationship with the Cult. Through it all, this man had neither panicked nor fallen into confusion. However, in the face of an insoluble problem, even this man could do nothing but bitterly cradle his head.

Jircniv: "Dammit! You son of a bitch! Die! Die and rot away!"

While magic could curse someone to death, Jircniv did not have that kind of power. Therefore, he was simply speaking offensive words. If he could actually kill that hateful man who had wrought such devastation on his mind and his stomach lining for the past few months, he would gladly seek out such techniques.

Jircniv: "No, wait. It would be better to tell him to "live", right? Or maybe, 'be destroyed' would be more appropriate? I've heard of some priests destroying the undead with sacred power."

He was even thinking about such meaningless things.

Jircniv's stomach ached and strands of his fallen hair adorned his pillow every morning. The culprit, the man responsible for all of this was the Sorcerer King, Ainz Ooal Gown.

There was no satisfactory solution to the problems posed by the Sorcerer King.

The first problem concerned the casualties among the Imperial Knight Corps at the Battle of the Katze Plains.

There were only 143 deaths; a trivial number, for a direct clash with the enemy. However, the losses at the Katze Plain had been entirely self-inflicted.

In addition, 3,788 people had expressed their desire to leave the Knight Corps upon their return to the Imperial Capital. In other words, over 6% of the 60,000 men of the Imperial Knight Corps had lost their courage.

And then, there were thousands of people who complained of uneasiness and night terrors. According to the reports, there were at least 200 mentally unstable people as well.

Knights were professional warriors, and training even a single one of them entailed considerable expense.

Nor was it just a matter of money. Training time was also essential. One could not simply grab somebody off the streets and say, "From tomorrow onwards, you are a knight."

The Empire would need to spend a great deal to fill the shortfall in the number of knights. But where would he get the funds for those expenditures?