Soobin sighed in a bit of relief that Yeonjun's fall is not that bad, or else he will be put in more danger.

"I'm just going to get the new supplies in the parking lot. You can call the number on my table, in case that something happened. I will be back." "The nurse lends the excuse letter that she made for Yeonjun.

"Yes, Ma'am, thank you," Soobin received the neatly folded paper. He notices that his best friend is still staring blankly somewhere.

"Hey Gyu, I'm just going to sign the excuse letter for our teachers in the afternoon classes for Yeonjun's absence. I will come back soon," Soobin lightly tapped his friend's shoulder.

Beomgyu just nodded as a lot of thoughts are overwhelming him. Soobin left, walking faster so that he can come back sooner. Beomgyu touched his boyfriend's cold hands, and Yeonjun usually intertwines his hands against him, but he is in a deep sleep. Yeonjun's skin is as pale as the snow that makes the dark circles under his eyes visible. Even in Yeonjun's sleeping face, he could see that his boyfriend is tired.

His eyes become watery from seeing how different Yeonjun is since the first time that he saw him. Compared to the grim reaper's intimidating and heavy presence, he could tell the differences. Yeonjun looks fragile now, and Beomgyu can't help but blame himself.

"How could this happen? I'm not sure what is happening to you, and I don't know how I can help you. I feel so useless, and I'm sorry!" He whispered, touching Yeonjun's hand tightly.

The other grim reaper entered without any hesitation. "It started," Kai is walking casually towards Beomgyu, who is now staring at him in mixed emotions of shock and confusion.

"The punishment has begun, starting from his nightmare, and now, the physical suffering. It all started on the day you pursue him, despite the consequences and my warning. Do you even remember everything that I told you before?" Beomgyu can clearly see the anger, worry, and frustration in the eyes of the grim reaper. Kai is showing a lot of emotions that made Beomgyu feel worse for Yeonjun's situation.

Beomgyu remembered everything that he said when Kai threatened him in the dark alley last time.

"Don't talk like you already know Him! I'm telling you the God is Death is horrifying, and rules are rules! Stay away from Yeonjun while the God of Death is not acting on his own to punish Yeonjun!"

"I didn't expect that you are that selfish and foolish for love! Let's see how far you can hold on if misfortunes started to come on your way! You will realize that I am only doing what is right, and Soobin is out of danger, unlike you, who is a living disaster! Don't blame me for not warning you, and when something terrible happened to Yeonjun, then it is all your fault! Regret is always at the end!"

Kai's words echoed on his mind as a realization struck his mind. Beomgyu is responsible for what is happening, and the God of Death is the reason for Yeonjun's condition. His boyfriend is struggling, both physically and mentally, and it's all because of love. A love that is not meant to be this hard.

"You could have realized that it's your fault, isn't it?" He flinched when Kai comes closer to him. Beomgyu thought that the younger will hurt him.

"Yeonjun deserves to be loved, even just once! This is so unfair for him! Love isn't supposed to be harmful! The deity doesn't have to make him suffer like this because Yeonjun never did anything bad!" Beomgyu can't stop himself from crying in front of Kai.

"You have to do something for his sake! This just proves that you're not meant to be with him!" Kai exclaimed with a pained expression because he knows how it feels.

"Kai?"

They both turned their heads from the source of the familiar voice. Shock is visible on their faces when they saw Soobin standing beside the door.

...........