"alright then." izuku says with a laugh, placing both snacks in the basket. "are you sure we'll be able to pay for all this?" he asks, eyeing everything that's in the basket.

"yep. my dad gave me my own card and it's loaded. we'll be alright." you reassure, skimming through the packaged snacks and their contents. "maybe we should get some things for the class?"

"what do you have in mind?"

"i don't know. i just don't want them jumping us to get food." you shrug your shoulders. "maybe this can be my apology gift. i feel really bad for blowing up at them the other day."

"you shouldn't though. they were pushing what they shouldn't be pushing. it's not your fault." izuku reasons, following you to the fridges in the corner store you two decided to stop by.

"fair point. but maybe to ease the tension, you know?" you say, opening the fridge and grabbing a couple drinks. "choose something."

"yeah, i get it. i'm sure they'll appreciate your offering." izuku half jokes, grabbing stuff from the fridges.

"they better."

as you two walk to the register, the sound of soft music the store provides hits your ears, making warmth and joy suddenly spread throughout your body. this makes a small smile graces your lips and your smile makes izuku smile when he looks at you.

"good afternoon." the person working the register greets. as you both greet her back, you start placing things on the counter. while you listen to the beeping that sounds every time an item is scanned, you notice the worker eyeing either you or izuku every couple seconds, making you grow suspicious.

"sorry for the glances, but i can't help but know, you two go to u.a, right? i saw you both on t.v when watching the sports festival." the worker says while looking at you. taking a quick glance at each other, you and izuku look back at the worker and nod.

"yeah, we do." izuku answers.

"that's kind of exciting! i watch the sports festival with my family every year and we always have favorites. my son really liked you rai. he might have a small crush on you." the worker winks, making you stifle a laugh. out the corner of your eye, you see izuku straighten his posture, making it harder to control your laughter.

"and my daughter loved you, midoriya. she was talking about how she wanted to marry you one day." the worker laughs. your smile immediately disappears and your laughter ceases as you resist the urge to say anything. now it's izuku's turn to laugh, seeing the reaction you had.

revenge sure is sweet.

"you don't say, huh?" izuku says, smiling softly at the worker who starts bagging your items.

---

"you two are finally back! we weren't sure if you were actually gonna return." mina says as the class watch you and izuku take your shoes off. "where were you guys?" hagakure asks.

"and what's in the bags?" someone else asks.

"we were at my house." you answer.

"you two at your house alone? what were you doing?! i wanted to be the one to get rai pregnant! screw you midoriya!" mineta yells with tears running down his cheeks, getting up and running away.

"dude i didn't want that visual!" sero yells, covering his eyes as if it'll have an affect on his mind that's in the gutter. while the class look at his retreating figure in disgust, you and izuku look at each other and your face goes from disgusted to shock when you see izuku shrug his shoulders with a smile.