Act V. Sc 5 | Circles

5.05

For a Senior, events have sprung up all year round for them to make the most out of their last year in high school. But with the second half of the second semester rolling in, one event stood out in particular.

Prom.

Months before Prom season officially kicked in, majority of the Seniors and Juniors as well started looking for their dates early, not wanting to go to the event alone. So far, many people have carried out the most elaborate and sweetest promposals, and others felt pressured to make their own promposals stand out.

In Eunbi's group, more than half of them have already scored dates. Mark would be going with his crush-now-girlfriend. Jeno would be going with a girl from his science class. Renjun decided to take one of his college friends who graduated just the year before. Haechan would be going with the captain of the girl's volleyball team. Chenle and Nayeon decided to go together after Chenle carried out a whole promposal during one of his basketball games. Jisung and Sohye on the other hand got asked out by some of their Junior friends therefore they would be attending Prom as well.

Meanwhile both Eunbi and Jaemin still had no dates. Which left the rest of their friends clueless because knowing those two, they would've had dates by now. Maybe even earlier.

In fact, the both were waiting for each other to make a move, but every time Eunbi tried to hint at Jaemin about Prom and how she had no date, he would act clueless and change the subject.

The thing is ever since the night at the airbnb, the two were back to acting like nothing happened, like they didn't kiss, and like how Eunbi didn't hear Jaemin's confession. They were at a civil standstill once again and left the rest of their friends confused. They all thought the two were trying to play mind games with each other and even tried to help Eunbi hint at Jaemin that she wanted to go with him. But Jaemin wanted to act cool for some reason, secretly hoping Eunbi would be the one asking him out.

I mean, it is the 21st century after all.

In the last class of the day which was Math, Eunbi was bored out of her mind, glancing at the clock every few seconds, not bothering to hear about what the teacher was droning on. All Eunbi thought about was how else she could hint at Jaemin that she wanted to go to Prom with him. Or better yet, she even thought about just asking him herself.

Looking across the room to where the boy sat, Eunbi tried to send some telepathic signals hoping Jaemin would catch on. But there he sat staring straight ahead, listening to the teacher and taking notes.

30 minutes came by and the bell finally rang. Another day passed where that bitch didn't even asked me, Eunbi sighed to herself. At this rate, she decided she'd go with the next person who asked her to Prom. She already rejected 5 guys waiting for Jaemin to make a move.

As if the gods were listening to her pleas, someone finally asked her out.

A boy who sat not too far away from Eunbi hurried to catch up to her, seeing as how she was getting up from her seat.

"Hey Eunbi!"

"Oh, what's up Soobin?" Eunbi replied as she sends him a smile.

"I was wondering if you have a date for Prom yet?" Soobin asked.

"Sadly no. I know Prom's like in two weeks and I'm getting kind of worried."

"Well if that's the case, wanna go to Prom with me? We can just go as friends and be each other's dates."

Upon hearing that, Eunbi's eyes lit up, mentally thanking the gods up above.

"Yeah sure, I'd love to."

"I'll pick you up around 7? Does that sound good?" Soobin adds.

"That sounds good. Thanks Soobin," Eunbi says leaning in for a hug.

"No problem."

Meanwhile, Jaemin who hurriedly walked out of Math class after the bell rang was already 5 classrooms away when he suddenly remembered that he forgot a notebook for another class in the room.

Walking back, he hears two voices coming from Math class. One voice oddly familiar.

Taking a peek into the room, his eyes widened when he saw Eunbi talking to a boy. Is that Soobin?

Flattening his back on the wall close to the door, Jaemin decided to eavesdrop.

"...I was wondering if you have a date to the Prom yet?" he heard Soobin asked.

Is this what I think is gonna happen?

"...Sadly no. I know Prom's like in two weeks and I'm getting kind of worried."

"...Well if that's the case, wanna go to Prom with me? We can just go as friends and be each other's dates."

Please say no, please say no, please say no.

"...Yeah sure, I'd love to."

Fuck, Jaemin mentally cursed.

"...I'll pick you up around 7? Does that sound good?"

"...That sounds good. Thanks Soobin,"

"...No problem."

Oh shit, I gotta go, and so Jaemin runs into the nearest classroom, effectively hiding himself until he saw Eunbi and Soobin walk out the classroom and out of campus.

"I should've just manned up and asked her earlier," Jaemin talked to himself out loud.

"Yeah you should've," a voice behind him suddenly answered.

Whirling around immediately Jaemin goes "Chenle? What the hell are you doing here?"

"There's a basketball meeting here in like 30 minutes. I decided to come extra early cause I wanted to be alone and eat my snacks. but seeing as you're here...trouble in paradise?" Chenle smirks.

"It's whatever now. I'll just take someone else," Jaemin sighed as he plopped down on the seat next to Chenle, stealing his snack.

"Hey! That's mine!" the other boy said in disbelief as Jaemin kept munching away.

*A/N: Jaemin's a mood when it comes to stress eating—tbh I have a bad habit of that, but sometimes when I binge eat I end up feeling more miserable bc I ate so much and then I get depressed again 😀

oH, there's like 2-3 more chapters left y'all. Can't believe I'm almost done.