13 - Cub vs. Bear

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes, the drive was just fine. Quite nice to get a glimpse of all this breathtaking nature and take a break from our normal cityscape," he responds enthusiastically.

"I completely agree," you nod. "It's one of my favorite parts about driving here."

When the car door of the second truck slams shut, you turn to smile knowingly as you see a familiar figure.

"Sorry, if you'll just give us a moment," you quietly excuse yourself from the contract's attention sheepishly. "We'll just be a minute and then I'll show you the main plot of land."

"Of course," he nods. "Take your time."

When you turn a few paces to face the approaching figure, your arms, which are still wrapped around Namjoon's arm, tug lightly to catch his attention. The pack leader glances down at your arms still wrapped around his and smiles lightly before tracing your gaze to where you're looking.

"Y/N!" the new person calls out excitedly.

"Hi, Soobin," you wave. 

"Soobin?" Namjoon murmurs in confusion, eyes examining the younger male up and down. Even Hoseok, who is still perched on your shoulder conveniently, perks up in interest at the familiar name.

"I can't believe I'm finally here," Soobin chuckles as he joins the three of you.

"I figured I'd need help moving all of your things to the house if we want to keep things efficient," you explain to the pack leader. "Plus, my car will be full after just seating the eight of us, so Soobin will be following me and driving your things over."

"Hence why I drove my pickup truck," Soobin adds. "Do you think everything will fit in it?"

You eye the vehicle's truck bed before glancing up at Namjoon for his opinion.

"I think if we organize all of the boxes really well, we can make it in one trip," the leader nods in confirmation.

"Awesome," Soobin smiles happily.  "Hi, by the way. It's really nice to be able to finally meet you. I'm Choi Soobin."

"Kim Namjoon," the older male greets back with a slight bow. "And the tiny red panda on Y/N's shoulder is Jung Hoseok."

"Oh, how adorable!" the taller male coos when he finally notices said hybrid.

"C'mon, let's go so I can introduce you to the rest of the pack," you motion to Soobin before turning to face the contractor again. "Shall we?"

"After you," he nods politely.

As the five of you walk leisurely through the dense forest trees, your arms naturally unwrap themselves from Namjoon's arm to give him some space. However, the moment you let go, you notice the pack leader stepping closer to you and leaning down until his lips are just at your ear level.

"Hoseok," he whispers. He's speaking at such close proximity, you can't help the cool shivers that travel down your spine or the goosebumps that raise on the back of your neck. "You might want to go ahead and warn the others before we all get there."

Your mind seems to be trapped in some haze because you barely register the feeling of the red panda hybrid running down your arm and dashing off ahead of everyone. When you finally realize his absence, you shake your head in confusion and turn to look up at Namjoon.

"Wait, why is Hoseok warning everyone?" you whisper softly so that the two men behind you don't hear.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you were being followed," the panther hybrid shrugs. "When we heard more than one car engine turn in down the road after yours, we all kind of panicked."