chapter 03 → impromptu diner date

Purple.

Violet.

Lavender.

Orchid.

Magenta.

Adam stared at his arm, still lost in the memory of what had happened not even an hour ago. There he was, just standing, looking around, while his fellow band members answered questions.

But then, his eyes landed on...on her, a young woman with (h/c) locks, her hair was messy but in a good way and a beanie rested on her head. He didn't get an entirely good look at her whole figure, but he did see her smile at what he assumed to be her friends. Oh it was such a beautiful smile, fitting perfectly upon her face. Now, make no mistake Adam Boleyn has seen and met many beautiful women in his life, but somehow they all paled in comparison to this stranger with the unkept locks, slight eye bags under those (e/c) eyes, and a tired smile.

And what a strange, euphoric feeling that seeped into his veins when he took in her appearance, a feeling akin to a warmth spread starting at his heart and eventually reaching every corner of his person. He was so wrapped up in it that he had to be shaken back to reality by Alexander, who looked slightly confused.

But by the time he looked back at her, she was gone, and as weird as it is to say this about a stranger you've never even met, she took all his love with him. It barely even surprised him when he rolled up his sleeve and found that the tattoo he'd had since his first life was now a gorgeous purple color.

Adam groaned and slammed his palm into his forehead so hard that he was sure it would leave a mark. Why did he just stand there like an idiot?! He could've done literally anything and it would've been a better option than just stand there and let his actual soulmate just walk away with literally no way of contacting her ever again!

Adam's lips pursed into a deep frown as he removed his hand from his forehead and leaned back into his seat. They were a pretty successful musical cast/band group, so renting out a small bus to hold everyone wasn't a problem.

A hand landed on Adam's shoulder, shocking him out of his thoughts. Looking up, he saw that the hand belonged to Christian Parr, who right now was giving him a worried look.

"Are you alright, Adam?" he asked in a worried tone. "You've been spacing out ever since we left and you look pretty distressed."

"Oh, have I?" Adam replied, trying to feign ignorance, he knows that he hasn't been seeming very happy for a while now. A yawn escaped his mouth. "I'm okay, just tired. I can't wait to get home and sleep forever."

Christian chuckled at his words and left him be, returning to his seat. Adam watched him go and once he was gone the grimace returned to his face.

"Just tired" you say, what a lie, he thought, leaning against the window as the bus started to move. But I suppose I am tired as all get out, it'll be good to get some rest.

°・○。

The buildings rushed by as gazed out the car window with tired eyes, your knees tucked up to your chest and head resting against the window. The sound of the wind moving against the car in tandem with the sound of your friends chatting away somewhere in the background helped to make you sleepy.

Maybe you could just rest your eyes for a little and take a nap...

So...

Tired ...

The car stopped abruptly, lurching you forward, flinging off your beanie and nearly making you hit the passenger seat in front of you. You hit your seat with a thud as and an audible "oof!" left your mouth. Almost immediately after, you were quickly looking around for whatever caused the car to stop so suddenly, thinking that Lily might've nearly hit something; the driver in question turned around in her seat to face you with an embarrassed smile.