3. First Day

Chapter 3 – First Day

"Oh, boy." Scarlett muttered as she finished reading the article. "They really have nothing better to do."

"Who?" Chris asked, coming up behind her. She let out a soft squeal as she turned around giving him a startled look. She didn't answer him and handed him her phone. He took the phone and read the article. A chuckle escaped his lips as he looked up at her. "I did sweep you off of your feet, tho." He pointed out with a smile. "Just a few seconds ago."

Scarlett made a face at him and shook her head out of amusement. "You are not funny. At all." She said, with a clear smile on her face.

"Sure," He winked at her and held out the phone for her to take back. "So, I guess you and Jost are still a thing, huh?"

"Of course." She told him as if it was the most absurd thing anyone has ever said to her. She took her phone back and looked up at Chris to see him scratch the back of his head for the second time that day. "What's wrong with your head? You keep scratching it, do you have bugs?" She quickly asked and took a mild step back.

Chris rolled his eyes at her and shook his head. Truth was, he felt nervous to be around her in a small space. Ever since they met he had grown a crush on her that never went away but then it turned into something more and they had become such good friends that he didn't want to ruin things. Scarlett had gotten married and divorced then married and divorced and now she was engaged to someone who seemed to make her really happy. Chris didn't want to come between them. Over the years he had learned how to repress his feelings for her and he was genuinely delighted that she found the one that made her truly happy.

The only person who knew about his feelings for her was his brother, Scott, who had told him to confess his feelings numerous times already but Chris wasn't ready to do so or he preferred to respect Scarlett's boundaries after her breakups. He would leave her time to grief her relationships and when the right amount of time passed, someone would have already swept her off her feet.

After her engagement to Colin was announced, he had decided to give up on the hope of being with her. It was the next right thing to do for his heart.

"No, I don't have bugs." He told her with a smile and looked down at his wet t-shirt. "Well, I should, uh, shower." He mumbled before quickly escaping to the bathroom.

"O-kay." Scarlett trailed off and watched him leave with confused eyes. Before she could think about his strange behavior, her phone dinged again. She grabbed it quickly and read the message she received from her fellow avenger and friend, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth – Heyy, girl! Head about the new avenger movie coming up, I can't wait for the fans to know about it!

Scarlett – Hey, Lizzie! Thanks, we're all so excited.

Scarlett – btw the show was just amazing!! you were just incredible, Rose loved it!

Elizabeth – Yeah, it was great and I'm glad to hear that. What have you been up to?

Scarlett – I've began shooting Nanny Diaries 2 with Chris, it's been good so far. How about you?

Elizabeth Hold up, are you telling me we'll get to see you two be a couple again?

Scarlett – basically, yeah

Elizabeth – I DID MY WAITING! 13 YEARS OF IT! IN HOPE OF THAT!

Scarlett – Lizzie...