"Look at me, honey,"

"James, you can't-"

"Just look at me, Cal," He snapped.

She looked up, her eyes glistening with tears. James tilted his head to the right, his eyebrows pinching together in a frown. She watched as the man stood, leading over the table.

Her heart snapped up to her throat again, and for a moment, she forgot what was going on around her, James put his cuffed hand on her cheek, his eyes boring deep into hers. His thumb rubbed the skin he didn't touch, and slowly he leaned in.

And when their lips met, it was like her heart froze for a second, and so did her kind. James' ears rang softly, and her skin burned his fingers, bright and blue. He told her with his lips how much he missed her, how much he adored her.

She pulled away, resting her face in his hand. She looked at him through her lashes, and James smiled at her, as if telling her it'll all be okay.

And so, with not a single word shared between the two again, the break came to and end. The same nervousness crept onto Calypso, standing over her like a monster, feeding on her insecurities.

She walked back to the courtroom, James tailing behind her. She opened it, and joined the standing room. She exhaled hard, cracking her knuckles on the table as she leaned on it. James scooted behind her, standing in his spot next to Calypso again.

The judge walked in and they all sat, awaiting his next word. He stayed silent for a second, observing the court. Calypso swallowed, and then the judge spoke.

"Next witness?"

Calypso stood, "Yes, Your Honour." She nodded at Adam, and he quickly walked to the witness booth. Calypso cleared her throat softly, and pushed a falled strand of hair behind her ear.

She smiled at Adam, "Mr. Clifford, would you mind telling the court what happened the night of the sixteenth of August, please?" She said, folding her hands in her lap.

Adam leaned forward, "Uh, well. I called James for a few drinks at Nostalgia- a local bar in the city," He cleared his throat, "And, we had a few, not enough to get drunk though, James had a beer or two, and that's when the fight happened,"

Calypso nodded, "And did you hear what Mr. Mallis said to the defendant which made him to act out?"

"Objection, Your Honour. Leading the witness,"

Calypso swiftly turned on her heel, raising a brow at Brandon. The judge spoke, "Overruled. The witness will answer,"

"Well, I did hear something along the lines of something to do with his dad, but I couldn't catch all of it."

Calypso nodded again, smiling softly. "No further questions, Your Honour," She looked at the judge, and he nodded. "Cross," He said, and Brandon stood up.

"Mr. Clifford, you said the defendant wasn't intoxicated when the attack happened?"

"No."

"Well, it was mentioned to me that he was intoxicated, very, very drunk for the matter,"

Calypso stood, "Objection,"

Brandon turned, smirking, "On what grounds, Ms. Adams?" Calypso narrowed her eyes, "Foundation hasn't been layed for that claim, and we just established the defendant wasn't intoxicated."

"I'm just simply making sure, Ms. Adamos,"

"If you read the case and spoke to your witnesses, you wouldn't have to make sure, Mr. Cooper,"