Whiskey.

As Calypso pushed open the door to Nostalgia, she felt her nose burn with all the different smells in the small bar. Cheap perfume and cigarettes, and half off alcohol.

She twisted a piece of hair between her fingers, something she always did when she was nervous. Avery guided her through the crowded bar by her free hand, and Angela and Jack following behind them. She smiled at her friend, and Avery yelled over the bar counter their orders.

From the corner of her eye, she saw James, and he saw her. The familiar butterflies she had grown accustomed to over the few days she thought of him, bubbled in her stomach again. She smiled at him, and the corner of his mouth lifted a bit. James watched her as he took a sip from his drink, and as Adam spoke to him about his date, he ignored him. Her plump lips spread into a wide grin, and his heart burned at the sight of it.

She was precious, like a butterfly. She had only spoken a few words to him, but upon the first word, he had felt the urge to keep her by his side, keep her safe.

And on occasion, spoil her rotten.

"That dude has been staring at you since we walked in,"

Angela whispered into Calypso's hair, and she shook her head, "You're delusional, Angel,"

She laughed, rolling her eyes. Angela knew she was right, and she knew Calypso knew too. "Here," Avery turned to the girls, handing them their drinks. Jack took a big gulp from his beer and set off to find a few of his other friends.

"Caly, we're going to the bathroom, come with us?" Calypso shook her head at her friend, telling her she was okay. Angela nodded, although wearily. Calypso rested her forearms on the top of the bar counter, smiling at the bartender.

"Hey, Mark!" She yelled over the loud music, earning a few glances her way. Mark smiled at her, "Hey, Cal. How are ya?"

She smiled again, wider this time, "Grand, you?" The man threw her a thumbs up. She spoke to him about the bar for a minute, completely focused on talking loud enough for him to hear. But it was when a hand gripped her waist tightly, that her head snapped to her right.

A boy, maybe twenty-three, smirked at her. She stepped back from him, frowning.

"Aren't you pretty?"

She chewed on her bottom lip, giving him a tight-lipped smile. James watched the entire interaction, waiting for him to try something so he could have a reason for snapping the boy's neck in half. Hot anger burned in his ears at the sight before him, and he stared at the back of the boys head, attempting to burn two holes in his skull.

"You don't talk?"

Calypso swallowed, "I do, I just don't want to," The boy rolled his eyes, deciding to move on from the stubborn girl. She sighed deeply, taking a small sip from her drink.

When James looked at her again, he found her already looking at him. It was a gentle look, almost asking him to come to talk to her. So, he ordered another drink and the tall man watched as people moved out of his way, giving him a clear path to the angel.

His blue eyes burned through Calypso, making her feel like she was set alight but thrown in ice-cold water at the same time.

"Hi," She breathed.

He bit back a smile at her and merely looked down at her. She bit her lip, growing intensely nervous under his harsh stare.

"Come with me, darling,"

She frowned at this and watched as the man opened a large, tattooed hand in front of her, asking her to hold his hand. Despite her nervousness, she put her small hand in his. He turned swiftly, and just as he faced the door, a clear path opened to it. She followed behind the giant, her legs almost keeping up with his.