Dresses.

The ocean, warm and salty came up to Calypso's waist. She stood with her arms raised above her head and a cigarette dangling between her lips. Avery and Angela floated next to her, and for the first time in a long time, all three girls felt like they could finally breathe.

With work and the band, and Angela's studies, they rarely had a moment for themselves. A moment to breathe and to stop thinking. Calypso fell back, her back hitting the water. She floated between her two bestfriends, and blew out a puff of smoke.

"I think I'm inlove with Katerina,"

"I think I'm inlove with Adam,"

"I'm inlove with James,"

The girls merely smiled, having known all these facts about one another before they were spoken.

"Jack is gonna hate you," Avery said to Calypso, her eyes staring up at the sky. It wasn't cloudy, and the sun was directly above them.

"Why?"

"He's so fucking obsessed with you, Cal," Angela said. Calypso sighed, and closed her eyes. "Jack knows how I feel about him, and I'm sure he knows how I feel about James too," Avery hummed in agreement.

"You should give him closure, make sure he actually knows, ya know?" Angela said, and then Calypso hummed in agreement. The girls layed in silence for a while, enjoying the water and eachother company.

"Adam and I did it," Avery said. And Angela and Calypso's eyes shot open, and they looked at Avery, "Oh, my god! Really?"

"Katerina and I did it too,"

Avery and Calypso spun to Angela, and the three bestfriends stared at eachother, and then giggled as they spoke about their moments with their lovers.

It wasn't much later than that when Avery complained about the sun and how pruney her fingers were, so the girls swam ashore. Calypso grabbed her towel and tied it around her figure, looking for her own sun.

And there he was, her pretty sun.

Standing next to Adam and laughing at something, beer in hand. His hair was wet and dropping onto his back, skin caramel and warm. A cigarette hung loosely from his lips and he took it between his fingers, blowing a puff of smoke out.

She smiled at him when he turned and looked for her, and he winked at her, sending her butterflies rampid in her chest.

"Come with me to the car," Avery said, and Calypso rolled her eyes at the order and followed behind her friend. She hung the towel on a camp chair when she passed it. Avery rummaged through her bag, half laying and half standing in Adam's car.

"Calypso?" A voice suddenly spoke, and Calypso turned around swiftly. Deep, brown eyes met with hers and blonde hair brushed messily.

"Eddie! My god, what are you doing here?" She smiled at him, and pulled him into a quick hug. "I came down for my parents anniversary party! Was actually sad to see you weren't there," He smiled warmly, "Yeah, I came down for the weekend with a few friends," Avery then stood next to her, and Calypso put a hand on her back, "This is Avery Christian, my best friend. Aves, this is Edward Jefferson, you know, Jefferson from the clinic?" Avery nodded slowly, and smiled up at the boy. He extended his hand, and she took it and shook it lightly.

And then a large, warm hand met Calypso's back and she peered up at James, smiling widely. His face was set hard though, eyes setting the boy alight as he looked up at him. Eddie stood at a proud six-foot-one, but James looked nearly gigantic next to him. Shoulders wide and back, his eyes trailed over Eddie.

"Hey man, Eddie Jefferson," He introduced himself, extending a hand to James. James looked at his hand, then at him and when Calypso gave him the look, he released his jaw.