epilogue.

two weeks later.

Calypso woke up after the sun on a Saturday morning. As she awoke, she inhaled the smell of the guest bedroom, it being scented of vanilla and tobacco. She was living with her father at the moment, and as she stood, the girl felt her limbs ache. Deep, dull throbbing made it's way through her legs and arms. It was from her position of the bed; curled up into a ball, holding a pillow to her chest.

She had spent the last two weeks sleeping, crying and working in her fathers garden without being asked. She realised it allowed her to escape reality for a while, therefore escaping the hurt in her chest.

Guilt constantly ate at the back of her head. She had never been in this state before. She didn't smile anymore, and with the few words she shared with the moon each night, she felt it chip off a piece of her heart everytime.

She wondered what James was doing constantly. If he was hurting like she was, if his mind was fully consumed with the thought of her like hers.

She made her way downstairs and before she could even reach the hallway, her eyes filled up with tears as she noticed how there wasn't a sticky note on the mug, much less a mug on her nightstand.

She cried that morning, harder than usual. The person who said that time heals all wounds were lying, because the girl had thought if she gave herself time, she'd get over her heartbreak, and then she could find her way back to her lover.

With a silent, tiny sip of her coffee, she suddenly frowned. Her stomach clenched hard, and she dashed to the bathroom. Kneeling over the toilet, she emptied her stomach. Nothing came out, it was just violent, painful gagging. She didn't know if she was crying because of the gagging, or because she imagined James running towards her, holding her hair back and whispering to her that she was okay.

Falling to the floor, she sobbed on the cold, white tiles.

She heard gentle knocking on her front door later. Standing from the couch, she pulled the blanket closer to her chest as she made her way to it. She unlocked it and without wasting a second, her chin quivered once she saw bright, cheerful blue eyes.

"Good morning, babes," Avery greeted, still standing. Calypso said nothing, merely pulling her best friend into her. Avery hugged her in a way that could only be described as an attempt of healing. Holding her tight, Calypso's face pressed hard into her chest.

"You're okay, Cal. Look, I brought cake!"

"I would've liked ice cream more,"

Avery grinned, pulling away from the brunette. She reached into the plastic grocery bag and pulled out a large tub of Vanilla ice-cream.

Calypso paled—white like chalk. She bit on her bottom lip, looking up at the blonde. Avery's smile fell, "He likes vanilla, doesn't he?"

Calypso nodded, her eyes filling up with tears again. Avery sighed, pushing passed her bestfriend. She walked into thr kitchen with Calypso following behind her, her cheeks wet and salty with tears.

"I bought the other thing too," She whispered, warily looking up at Calypso. She nodded, holding her hand out. Avery fished it out of the bag and handed the rectangular box to the brunette, her eyes wide and filled with worry.

"Thank you," She said, holding it to her chest.

"Actually, I brought three, just to be sure, you know?"

Calypso smiled then, for the first time in two weeks. It was small at first but it gradually grew the more she saw Avery shrug her shoulders.

Calypso turned, dropping the blanket on the floor once she entered the bathroom. She bit hard on her bottom lip, eyes already clouded with tears.

She sat then, and once she finished, she pulled it out from under her and held it in front of herself, watching it intensely. She sat like that for a while, not a thought in her mind. It was filled with nothing but silence as she stared out in front of herself. She could practically hear her heart beat in her chest and it was when her stomach grumbled loudly with the need for food that she was finally snapped out of her daydream of nothing.

Calypso pushed open the bathroom door, her lips parted and tears fresh on her cheeks. She turned to the kitchen, circling the corner.

Avery stood in the kitchen, mixing cocoa into the vanilla ice-cream. She dropped everything once she saw Calypso, and she raced over to her.

Without a look at the thing she held in her hands, she pulled her bestfriend in like earlier, this time holding her tighter as her sobs raked through her body. Her fingers fisted Avery's shirt at the shoulders.

"You're okay, babes. I love you," Avery whispered, following behind Calypso as the girls legs gave out, making her fall onto the cold, rust-coloured tiles of her Father's kitchen.

———————————————————————————

AN:

Hello.

I don't have a lot of words, purely because it was 8 in the morning as I wrote this and my brain hasn't woken up yet.

All I can say, and this can't show my gratitude at all, but thank you.

I love feeling validated and seeing CATM nearing 1 thousand reads, I feel incredibly validated. This book has been the only thing I can talk about for the last two months and I'm sure everyone I know hates me for not knowing how to stop talking about CATM.

my love for you people is unwavering and non-stop. I love you.

In more pressing matters, I don't know if this book deserves a Sequel. I've thought about it long and hard in the times you haven't gotten a chapter. I'm undecided on the subject. Give my heart rest with your opinions, por favore.

In conclusion, thank you for reading Calypso and the Moon. I love you more than you could ever know.

And please, share your thoughts. I love reading them.

With love

Dee.