Part Two: Chasing your dreams

Start from the beginning

"Yamazaki-senpai, is everything all right? I've noticed that you keep looking over at the Iwatobi swim club." Nitori said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh Nitori, Oh yeah everything's fine. I was just staring into space that's all." I reassured the little grey haired teammate.

Rin said his goodbyes to the Iwatobi guys after practice had ended. I lingered a but away, not wanting to intrude.

"Oh Rin-chan, Sou-chan looks a bit down. Maybe he should join us for lunch?" I half heard Iwatobi's blonde shota say. And I also couldn't help but glances towards Makoto who looked a bit pink in the face. My eyes must have gotten too much chlorine in them during practice.

Reluctantly, I finally decided I might as well go. I was pretty hungry anyway. "I'll go, if it's all right with you Rin. You have told me I should get out more." I told Rin who looked at me with a sharp toothy grin.

"Of course it's all right with me! Now come on, let's go. I'm starving!" Rin happily shouted while dragging me out the door with the rest in tow.

This will be a long lunch.

-----------------------------------
At lunch at some fast food place
(Makoto's pov)

We all followed the hungry redhead to the nearest fastfood place. It's been a while since we've all hung out like this, it's nice. It's especially nice that Sousuke came along too, I'm sure getting a big case of butterflies in my stomach now. We all sat down in the restaurant and decided who should go get the food. And I can't believe Sousuke and me were picked. Then again we are the biggest so we would be able to carry all the food safely back to the table. Now just imagine what would happen if Nagisa had to carry it instead. Oh my the horror.

It wasn't too busy, but we still had to wait before placing our group's order. I didn't know I would be this nervous just standing next to Sousuke, I just hope he doesn't notice.

"Hey Tachibana, you ok? You look a little flush." Sousuke said, making me jolt a bit from how sudden it was.

"Uh me? I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired that's all. Gou-san made us swim like our lives depended on it at the joint practice." I joked lighthearted to him, which was true besides my nervousness. And to that he just nodded like he understood and the rest of the wait and back to the table with the food was relatively quiet.

Lunch though was pretty rowdy, especially with Nagisa and Rin being the big kids they are along with a pissed Gou trying to get them to behave. Haru even cracked a few jokes for once, he was always the punny one(literally), along with a few giggles of his own. Rei was trying to calm Nagisa as well, adding to the unneeded chaos in the restaurant. I just quietly ate my food, which I noticed Sousuke do the same.

Once the chaos settled down somewhat, we decided to talk and catch up. All was going pretty well to me until Gou brought up love. Apparently a good amount of our group was in a relationship with someone. Even Haru was dating someone, a girl named Kaede who moved to Iwatobi a few months ago.

Gou then turned towards me, asking if I had a special girl in my heart.

"Well ummm I don't think so, or at least not yet. Though that doesn't mean you can set me up with anyone just because I'm single, ok?" I told them all.

"Aw come on Mako-chan, I know some sweet girls who would love to go on a date with you! And they're cute too!" Nagisa winked at me. Oh brother, I forgot he was in the room. Even if you say no, all he hears is yes.

"Hey how about you Sousuke, got a girl on your heart? We won't tell anyone." Gou asked him curiously.

"Sorry but I'm not interested in stuff like that." Sousuke mumbled and took a big sip of his soda.

"I see. So you're more of a lone wolf than a ladies man, an I right?" Rin smirked at him. Though all he got from Sousuke as a reply was "sure" and it was left at that.

So me and Sousuke are both single, now if only he was into guys. Well only time will tell. If he ever had feelings for me he would tell me, right? Or maybe I should tell him myself.

---------------------------------

Well I hope you enjoyed this so far, I went through a lot of ideas for this story. So yeah it may not be the best.

By the way, Sousuke and Makoto are the only gay ones in the story, just to let you know. All the others are straight except for Nagisa and Nitori who are bisexual but are both dating girls right now.

I'm also kind of making this a free! And K-on! Crossover. I'm making the girls from K-on! Date some of the guys from free!

I'm also working on part three at the moment. I hope you can wait.

- Shay