Chapter 2

Previously:

"Finally, you're done. I was just about to leave you behind."

"I know you won't leave me behind Kyungsoo because..."

"BEST FRIENDS NEVER LEAVE EACH OTHER SIDES BEHIND"

We laugh as we say it in unison. How I love my bestfriend so much.

❣️❣️❣️

Author Pov

"Yah Kyungsoo- ah, are you excited for this year? You know we are already in our senior year. I'm sure it going to be the best year to all the senior in our school.'' Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo when they were on their way to school.

"Yeah me too. Time flies by so quickly that it seems like only yesterday I entered Seoul High School'' Kyungsoo said while reminiscing all the wonderful moments.

There was a long silence.

"Baekhyun-ah, you still remember how we meet?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked.

"Of course, i won't forget it. Just because of a swing, we became the best of friends ever." At that exact moment, they walked past the small playground where they first met.

Flashback~

"Mommy, can I play swing there?" little Baekhyun asking permission from his mom.

"Of course sweetheart. I'll be at the bench there." pointing at the bench near the playground.

"Okay mom!" happily little Baekhyun skips to the swing that has been calling him ever since he moved into the new neighbourhood.

By the time little Baekhyun reached the swing, he saw another boy with a doe eyes already sitting on the swing and happily swinging it. He went back to his mom who is reading a book. He sat beside his mum and pouting.

"What wrong sweetheart?" his mum asked upon seeing his pout.

"Swiper the fox took away my swing." Baekhyun was addicted to Dora the Explorer at that time.

"Aww, why don't you ask the fox if you can play together with him? You can take turns playing the swing. Who knows you can be friends with the fox. So wipe that pout away from your face before the finger monster comes and attack you."

"You're right mom." and Baekhyun happily skipped to the swing again.

When he reached there, the boy's body had stopped moving the swing but was still sitting on the swing. He was zoning out. Baekhyun made his first move by standing in front of the boy. The boy looked up and saw someone standing in front of him. Ah a new boy Kyungsoo thought. He stood up and was about to walk away when suddenly Baekhyun's hand prevented him.

"Nevermind, you can still sit. I help you push the swing. We can take turns. I help you push now so later when it my turn to play you push me back. Deal?" little Baekhyun said while sticky out his little pinky finger. Kyungsoo looked quite shocked when he saw a cute pinky finger waiting for him to reply. "Deal." and he linked his pinky finger to the other boy while still looking at his shoe, still not sure if he made a good decision or not.

"Oh yeah, my name is Byun Baekhyun. Call me Baekhyun. What yours?" little Baekhyun said while holding out his hand. "Do Kyungsoo but call me DO." Kyungsoo said and shook Baekhyun's little hand.

"Why must I call you DO?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"Because people called me that," replied Kyungsoo with an expressionless tone.

"Can I call you by Kyungsoo instead? It sounds cute. DO sounds weird unless it is a DOnut then I don't mind. "

"Sure," Kyungsoo replied, still hesitating a bit.

This boy seems kind. Never had people call me by my real name before. But if they do, they will say that my name sounds ugly. But this boy just said my name sounds cute.

Kyungsoo space out again. Baekhyun noticed that Kyungsoo was spacing out again so he shook Kyungsoo's shoulder to wake him up. "Kyungsoo, you okay?" Baekhyun asks his new friend.

"Ouh nothing. It's my first time people call me by my name so I am just trying to get used to that name." Kyungsoo admitted and immediately looked down, feeling shy in front of Baekhyun.

"We are friends now Kyungsoo so don't be shy. I promise I won't bite you." Baekhyun said and gave Kyungsoo his eye smile.

Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are having fun, laughing at each other. Baekhyun's mother who was reading at the bench paused her reading and took out her camera and captured the scene. Baekhyun's mother smiled while looking at the picture from her camera. From that moment, both of them knew that they were going to be best friends from the rest of their life.

End of flashback~

Kyungsoo smiles whenever he thinks about the first time they meet. He took out his phone and look at the picture Baekhyun mother took. Both of them still has the picture in their phone and even make it as their wallpaper. Everytime they changed phone, they make sure to put the picture as their wallpaper.

But suddenly Kyungsoo's smile disappeared and was replaced with a sad face. "Baekhyun ah, thank you for being my best friend and always be there for me when I need someone by my side." Kyungsoo said while looking down.

Baekhyun knew what Kyungsoo meant just by looking at his eyes. "Yah Kyungsoo ah, let just forget the old times and move on from it"

But Kyungsoo never answers him. Baekhyun knows that Kyungsoo's life has never been perfect unlike him. Kyungsoo lost his mother due to her sickness at the age of 13. Kyungsoo's father is in jail for robbing. And he's the only child in the family. Kyungsoo stayed in his house alone but on certain days, Baekhyun will come and sleep over to his house and accompany him.

Baekhyun knows what to do whenever Kyungsoo is sad. He pinched Kyungsoo cheeks and quickly ran away before Kyungsoo started doing his famous headlock. "I won't reach the school on time if I'm walking beside a turtle!!"

This guy is really a happy pill.

Kyungsoo smiled and started running. "Yah, I will reach the school before you know it!! First to reach school is the king!" and start running to the nearest shortcut to the school. Kyungsoo has no problem taking the shortcut as he has stayed in his neighbourhood for a longer time before he knew Baekhyun.

"Yah! Don't ever think of taking the short...." Before Baekhyun finishes his line Kyungsoo has already taken the shortcut even before he realizes it. "cut".

Then suddenly, he bumped into someone.

Edited: 25/5/20