Chapter 18 - The World Of Rhyesliëa

Zacznij od początku

"If there is an appearance of the Lost, then Barkras, the Lost's sentinels, also arrived in this world. This is more dire than we anticipated," King Daven said anxiously.

The Elfin King caught sight of the Bearers and Resliëan warriors struggling. He ran and jumped to his familiar, the Elfin Dragon. He fires deadly arrows into the voracious Hilliupads.

While on the northern border, King Alric clenches his teeth, hurling his Scorching Fire Glaive into the Baramuth. Fire explodes upon impact, bringing down the colossal creature.

"That abominable creature!"

The beast bellows in frustration as the Fire King scorches it. It struggles against the fiery onslaught. The Fire King retrieves his fire glaive, leaps over, and pierces the creature in one strike. The beast howls in pain, consumed by the fire.

"This is the sensation I've felt," the Dark King says, approaching the massive beast. He swings his Death Scythe, ending Baramuth's agony with a decapitating strike. "The Lost possesses an eerie and unpredictable power."

"If we're correct, this is the first time a Lost has emerged from the void in a thousand years, dating back to the time of the old kings," King Russ replies, standing atop the slain creature. "We're racing against time."

"We must retreat," commands King Rim Xyxia, unperturbed by the appearance of the Lost.

"Retreat?" the kings echo in surprise.

"Yes," King Rim replies calmly. "We must fall back."

"But..."

"There must be a reason."

"He wouldn't suggest it without cause."

Mounted on their familiars, the kings journey towards Halla's preserve gate, the untouched land of the western border.

Led by King Rim Xyxia, the seven kings proceed in their full regalia to the Ruins of Hamitäp. Gazing sorrowfully at the rows of fallen Resliëan, King Errich murmurs, "What a tragic sight."

The Hallas, who are the landlords of the four borders, received information about the King's arrival at the preserve gate. In response, they dispatched Balla Marëvao, the son of Halla Hashivà, to welcome the Kings and guide them to Halla's chamber.

Emerging from the shadows, Zerxia catches the attention of King Rim Xyxia, prompting him to halt. "Your highness, I've done what you told me, and I found a lost soul. He passed away a year ago."

The King acknowledges Zerxia's report with a nod, his expression suggesting confirmation. He then proceeds into the chamber. The Resliëan warriors step back as the kings make their entrance. The four Hallas are seated on their thrones, seeking refuge from the ongoing war.

Rising from their seats, the Hallas extend greetings to the young kings. "Our Gods, bestow blessings upon our lands. Shield us from these tainted creatures."

Balla Marëvao kneels before the kings. "We are powerless to prevent the malevolent forces from seizing our land. Our strength is insufficient for combat. We implore you to lend us your might."

"We have made every effort. Our valiant warriors have sacrificed their lives, but their sacrifice falls short. We cannot stop them with any craft we mastered," Hedän, Hallas of East, said agonizingly as he recon the death of his son, Balla Azárön.

"You displayed great courage and saved numerous souls," King Rim Xyxia responds, motioning for Balla Marëvao to rise. "Maintain your honor."

The fire King turns and looks out the window. He watches the arrival of the Royal Knights. King Alric's eyes met King Vexus's, and he understood the situation.

"This peril is our burden to bear. This knowledge, passed down from the great, great Hallas, safeguarded within the memories of the newborns. The Truth of our world must remain protected. We implore you, grant us your strength," Hashivà, Halla of the South, pleaded.

"Time is running out! Gods must slay evil or cast them back into their birthplace!" Haväshi, Halla's of the North, demanded.

King Russ turned sharply towards Haväshi. "Halla of the North, we are here to seek the presence of the single singularity that arrives in this world. However, the singularity we are seeking is not just a mere quirk. It is the Lost!"

A heavy silence fell upon the Hallas. They sit with downcast eyes, as if a great horror descends upon them.

"We are cursed. Soon, they shall arrive here. Our lands, our newborns, all will be wrested from our grasp. This will be our end." Aröma, the Halla of the west, falters, his eyes brimming with tears.

Haväshi turned at the Kings, angered. "We prayed! We worshipped you! This is your soul of your very existence! To protect us... To protect the world... Yet, you dare to forsake us!"

King Rim Xyxia strode towards Haväshi, drawing his sword. Without hesitation, he swung, cleaving Haväshi's head. The floor pooled with the rain of his blood. Three Hallas stumbled from their seats, horrified by the horrific sight.